Major chemical company in Savannah is seeking a QC Lab Technician. You will conduct routine and non-routine Quality Control testing of finished goods, in process, and EHS testing as required.
The initial work schedule will be 8hrs, 7am-3pm, Mon-Fri. Once fully trained it will be a 12hr rotating shift, which will include working nights and weekends.
** This is a full time, long term contract assignment, with extensions and possible direct hire. **
Your work will include:
- Conduct quality control testing on all products manufactured by the plant, using analytical test procedures
- Set up, calibrate and operate laboratory instrumentation such as analytical balances, pH and ion meters, microwave moisture analysis ovens, microwave digestion ovens, surface area analysis, atomic absorption, X-ray fluorescence and diffraction and particle size analysis.
- Record test results in the plant CMMS, and assist in correcting the processes as needed.
- Prepare solutions, standards and buffers according to standard formulas used in analytical analysis.
- Prepare environmental effluent samples.
- Prepare final product samples and documentation for shipment release.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform routine repair to laboratory instrumentation.
- Participate in functional team activities including safety, housekeeping, training, HR, etc.
- BS in Chemistry or related field
- Previous industrial laboratory experience including wet chemistry analytical techniques
- Good communications skills
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours at a time and perform lab work
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- chemical laboratory testing: 2 years (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply