Action Compaction Equipment has an immediate opening for an experienced Welder/Mechanic.
Action Compaction offers a family-oriented culture, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance benefits, paid time off, matching 401k retirement and career development opportunities. If you are looking for a great opportunity with top pay and benefits, we are interested in speaking with you!
- Overtime after 40hrs with an average workweek of 45hrs
- Benefits Package after 3 months
- Uniforms Provided
- Boot Allowance
- Monthly bonus program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Great environment to work in
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and/or rebuild all classes of industrial compactors, balers, and other waste and recycling equipment.
- Perform diagnostic checks, maintenance, and repairs to balers and compactors
- Perform preventive maintenance on balers and compactors
- Dependable mechanically inclined service tech with hydraulic and electrical knowledge to repair/troubleshoot waste and recycling equipment on the road and in shop
- Perform all tasks necessary to complete the installation of new equipment and software during upgrades.
- Repair and install electrical motors, hydraulic pumps, and replace cylinders
- Able to understand drawings, manuals, electrical schematics as directed
- Work with photo-eyes, e-stop button assembly, and limit switches
- Must be experienced in MIG & ARC Welding & flame cutting with a torch
- Must Supply own hand tools
- Ability to convey product knowledge and provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain timely and accurate accounting of labor hours, work orders, parts used, and other customer-related paperwork.
- Consult customers on the benefits of OEM parts and planned maintenance programs.
- Maintain regular communication with service manager, parts department, sales department and dispatcher to expedite repairs and service.
- Must have a valid Utah Driver’s License
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- 3+ years of experience with troubleshooting complex electrical components.
- 3+ years of experience as a mechanic or technician
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, blueprints and manuals
- Expert knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced industrial mechanical experience including hydraulics preferred.
- Ability to weld using MIG, Stick, Air Arc and or/other welding processes preferred.
- Ability to work without supervision to complete assigned work.
- PLC and smart relay experience preferred.
- Ability to rig and load equipment.
- Some conveyor belt and auger experience preferred. Demonstrate reliable attendance, integrity, and a strong work ethic.
Indeed Hire and Action Compaction Equipment are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $30.00 /hour
- MIG and ARC welding: 2 years (Required)
- hydraulics and electrical: 2 years (Required)
- electrical troubleshooting: 2 years (Required)
- mechanic: 1 year (Required)
- Salt Lake City, UT: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)