Atkore International is a publicly traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016. Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees
Atkore’s Cable Solutions is searching for a Shipping Clerk. The position will be located in Byesville, OH.
Reporting to Warehouse Supervisor of Cable Solutions, Byesville, OH the Shipping Clerk’s primary focus will be to provide administrative support to the Shipping and Manufacturing Departments Additional essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Enter and monitor data into Smiley
- Enter Purchase Orders
- Receive against aluminum invoices
- Track Steel Receipts
- Track Steel Usage
- Track Aluminum Usage
- Track Wire Receipts
- Track Bond Wire Receipts
- Balance month end Smiley data with Production data
- Balance Aluminum, Steel, and Bondwire data on monthly basis
- Provide back up support in the shipping department
- Provide back up support for the Warehouse Supervisor
- Document and inbound product shortages, damaged product, or excessive product
- Notify inventory control of any variances in quantity ordered and quantity received
- Monitor tag inventory and replenish inventory tags as needed
- Order parts for maintenance/production departments
- Responsible for updating PM work sheets and M Pulse system
- Hand out work assignments to shipping personnel under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor
- Promote a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to work weekends and off shifts as required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the plant environment can be loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years working in a supervisory role, with focus on shipping, receiving and production scheduling.
- Miniumum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands on, accountable team player with the willingness to learn as well as teach others. This position requires extensive time spent within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of AS400, SAGE and/or JD Edwards a plus
- Well organized and able to process large amounts of information
- Effective decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), people skills (able to motivate, coach and develop people)
- All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.