Medical Record Clerk
The medical record clerk shall perform any of the following tasks in which they are assigned in the execution of medical and administration support:
- Attend SRP events as determined by the needs of the state and individual units
- Telephoning/Emailing Soldiers and Physician/Dental offices to obtain information as directed by the Case Manager
- Provide dedicated assistance in support of medical Case Management
- Obtain completed Release of Information Form from Soldiers.
- Generate official memorandums.
- Responsible for tracking medical status of ALL assigned Soldiers and maintaining accurate reports of all cases
- Responsible for medical and administrative charting in eCase and MEDCHART
- Provide maintenance and accountability of Soldier Service Treatment Records in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 40-66. 18.104.22.168
- Scan and upload Medical/Dental documents into the Health Readiness Record (HRR) program
- Organize & File Medical/Dental documents into Soldiers’ hard copy Service Treatment Records.
- Accurately index uploaded Medical/Dental documents
- Process all STR requests to include active and retired/discharged Soldiers as well as Interstate Transfers in a timely manner.
- Assist in scrubbing MEDPROS data/spreadsheets before SRPs to assist in early identification of non-deployable Soldiers
- Review Order Logs and process accordingly when Soldier’s status changes
- Organize and process Discharged STRs in Record Holding Area to include scanning, indexing and filing
- Complete State Validation Rosters to verify accurate data processing of STRs
- Maintain automated referrals indicated in MEDCHART
- Perform data entry into MEDCHART or other military medical databases of Soldier’s administration and medical statuses.
- Submit case processing, medical documentation, and profile concerns to military/contacted provider.
- Follow the regulations and policies applicable to Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) and deployment, to include the AR 40-501 and other applicable guidance.
- Ensure all medical documentation received from the Soldier, Medical Readiness NCO or physician office is received and placed in HRR, as well as the Soldier’s STR.
- Ensure Records Manager or delegate is provided with all relevant Medical/Dental documentation.
- Adhere to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) standards and guidelines.
- Log in eCase and MEDCHART any contact with SM (email, voice call, or personal interview).
- Communicate with Medical Readiness NCO regarding determined medical status of Soldier.
- Report Medical Readiness to the Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Provide a weekly report on number of referrals initiated, active cases and closed cases.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 3 years of MEDCHART Esxpereince
- 3 years of eCase Experience
- 5 years of Medical Record Clerk Expereince
- 3 years of Military Knowledge / Background
- Associates Degree
Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Military Knowledge / Background: 3 years
- Medical Records: 3 years
- MEDCHART: 3 years
- eCase: 3 years
Required work authorization: