Essential Functions and Attributes:
- Understand the day-to-day operation of the entire grain facility ensuring that the equipment is working optimally and if it is not then fixing the problem is important
- Maintain all equipment (mechanical, electrical and technical)
- Ensure all factory safety equipment is intact, operation, and utilized throughout the facility
- Manage parts (stocking and inventory)
- Ensure the facility is clean
- Create, implement and maintain maintenance and cleaning SOPs/protocols
- Control grain inventory including – the 3 Ss’ - storage, shrinkage, and spillage
- Oversee quality assurance testing and quality control
- Assist in the unloading and loading of grain commodities by truck
- Observe operations; monitor and maintain lights, dials, gauges, and equipment
- Observe and listen to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions
- Sit on the Safety Committee encouraging OSHA Compliance
- Work toward meeting OSHA Requirements throughout facilities (Home, Jackson, and Beach)
- Take responsibility for your safety and the safety of others
- Utilize big picture the goal, to influence detail decisions
- Understand objective, then act to optimize the outcome
- Foresee problems, implement preventative solutions, evaluate the outcome
- Perform logical troubleshooting (assessing a problem, developing a strategy and completing a job well and efficiently)
- Interact respectfully with customers and colleagues
- Perform related farm and trucking jobs as requested
Grain Operations Manager
There is no supervisory responsibility with this position.
- Problem Solving
- Quality Focus
- Technical Capability
- Critical Judgement
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Communication
- Positive Attitude
Encompass confidence and humility so the team will encourage trust and respect. Self-motivated, independent and a team player, detail-oriented and responsible a person. Must be willing to learn, troubleshoot independently, take the initiative, perform self-directed daily tasks, and communicate respectfully while engaging teammates with understanding. Encourage teammates to learn and grow to generate an enjoyable environment.
Working at Du Mond Grain, LLC:
Our Vision: To be a model agricultural enterprise through innovative approachesemphasizing growth and fostering an enjoyable work environment.
Our Mission: Challenge, Provide, Lead and Feed
- Challenge: Challenge the status quo and thrive to be more efficient and effective.
- Provide: Provide our customers with a superior product while providing our employees with an enjoyable work environment.
- Lead: Lead the agricultural industry through cutting-edge innovative production and business practices.
- Feed: Feed the world by producing high-quality, consistent products.
The expectation is that all employees embody mission and vision when making decisions, solving problems and interacting with customers and colleagues.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Journeyman: 1 year (Preferred)