What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers. What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Product team is seeking a talented Senior Product Manager. This role will manage the full lifecycle of products and features on the Experian.com website. Key areas of responsibility include gathering and defining product requirements, working hand-in-hand with internal & external stakeholders, UX and Technology teams, and guiding projects through the entire product development lifecycle. The role requires someone who is comfortable operating at a fast pace, is capable of overseeing several large projects with little input, is detail oriented, drives for results and has a high standard for quality.
- Manage the full lifecycle of products and features on the Experian.com website from market requirements to product release, including but not limited to: concept, scope, specification, design, prioritization, implementation, business acceptance testing, deployment, maintenance, and analytics.
- Champion product initiatives and business cases to executive management team for prioritization and development; act as a key product expert, evangelist, and advocate for initiatives, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to gather, synthesize, and codify market requirements and define product roadmaps.
- Define, document, and articulate detailed product and business requirements for new products and major enhancements, including but not limited to: functional, non-functional, and reporting requirements and use cases in the form of product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Work with User Experience and Product Design team to manage the creation of detailed UX and Design requirements, including but not limited to: information architecture, wireframes, annotations, prototypes, in-product copy, visual design, comps, mockups, and style guides.
- Champion qualitative and quantitative consumer research, using user insights as inputs and feedback loops to the product concept and UX process as appropriate.
- Lead 3rd party integrations to support strategic partnerships and act as main product point of contact for implementation.
- Collaborate with other Experian Business Units to define, align, scope, prioritize, implement, launch, learn, and enhance product features that leverage the capabilities across Experian.
- Make trade-off decisions between functionality, resources, and schedules, and communicate to stakeholders and Technology effectively in managing change.
- Ensure that products and product capabilities deliver an optimal user experience, conform to the product requirements, and meet product quality standards.
- Work closely with Technology teams to determine plans for product implementation and deployments with business partners.
- Balance product requirements and market impact against time-to-market and project risks.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Scrum Masters to manage all stages of the product development lifecycle process to ensure that the specified product, enhancement, or functionality is released on time with quality.
- Constantly evaluate and assess competitive landscape, creating SWOT-based assessments of current and emerging competitors; track industry trends, supplier capabilities, and synthesize competitive intelligence as a subject matter expert.
- Set operational standards, processes, and procedures for the ongoing operation of products in conjunction with the relevant operation teams.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business/Marketing, or a technical field preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience in the mobile, internet, software, and/or financial services sectors or subscription based businesses.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Must have experience with key product management functions, including writing requirements/user stories, creating mocks/wireframes, market research, competitive analysis, product planning and reporting.
- Must be metrics and results driven. Experience with A/B testing and web analytics tools is a plus.
- Experience in defining and developing products to meet customer requirements from inception to launch.
- Experience with current web-design trends and techniques (e.g. mobile first, responsive/adaptive design).
- Strong leadership and communication skills – ability to build consensus across various groups and levels to drive results.
- Effective at managing in all directions – staff and executive management.
Hands on experience in Agile and/or Lean development and methodology.