The Host/News Reporter, All Things Considered serves as program host for All Things Considered. Serves as reporter and producer of audio news stories and feature reports including multi-platform treatments. Serves as periodic host and/or co-producer of Gulf Coast Live segments. Participates in on-air fundraising and WGCU Public Media special events. Provides news reports and anchors on-air shifts during weather-related events or other emergencies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Two years of on air commercial or public broadcast experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, or internships may be considered.
Valid driver’s license.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications or related field.
Experience reporting and hosting for public radio news and public affairs programs both in the field and in studio.
Current multi-platform social media skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent news writing, digital recording, and editing skills.
Superior on-air voice quality.
Knowledge and respect for professional journalism standards and ability to adhere to them.
Ability to work compatibly and collaboratively within a work group and an organization.
Ability to produce short two-ways, long-form interviews, and sound-rich radio stories while meeting deadlines.
Ability to be comfortable using microphones, portable recording devices for audio, video, and radio studio production equipment.
Proficient with current digital audio editing, video desktop editing, and general desktop software applications.
Salary Range $40,000 - $45,000
Essential Job Duties
- Serves as the program host for All Things Considered.
- Serves as Reporter and Producer of news stories and feature reports.
- Produces multi-platform treatments from those stories.
- Prints stories, photos, slideshows, and videos for wgcu.org and occasional video stories for WGCU-TV.
- Serves as periodic host and/or co-producer of Gulf Coast Live segments.
- Contributes to WGCU-TV local programs.
- Participates in on-air fundraising and WGCU Public Media special events.
- Provides news reports and anchors on-air shifts during weather-related events or other emergencies.
- Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
Other Job Duties
- Provides partial training of part-time on-air employees and interns.
- Performs other duties related to news, public affairs, and station operations.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS433P
Open Date 05/25/2018
Close Date 06/08/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants