The part-time Associate Worship Leader is responsible to the church, under the direction of Travis Cottrell, for providing leadership to the planning and implementation of worship services and the equipping and training of volunteers in this ministry. The part-time Associate Worship Leader will assist the Brentwood Campus Worship Minister in all his duties and provide leadership in his absence.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership alongside and in the absence of the Brentwood Campus Worship Minister.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Vocal Team process.
- Schedule worship leaders and ensembles.
- In coordination with the Brentwood Campus Worship Minister and production coordinator, facilitate a creative team process cultivating ideas to enhance sermon series and other worship elements.
- Assist and implement special projects as assigned by the Brentwood Campus Worship Minister.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Point of contact/coordination for outside participants in worship services, including:
o KidLife Choir
o Good News Singers
o Youth Band
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
- Evaluate and implement processes to help coordinate communication, manage growth, and utilize technology.
- Represent Worship Ministry as a point of personal contact for outside ministries and newcomers seeking involvement in the Worship Ministry.
- When requested, serve as an advisor to other ministers regarding elements of music and worship.
- Make the tools and resources of the Worship Ministry available to other ministries of the church.
- Monitor trends, influences, and new material.
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
- Effective in directing both resources and volunteers towards the accomplishment of goals
- Maximizes personal effectiveness by focusing on “must-dos” tasks
- Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
- Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
- Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
- Self-directed and proactive in accomplishing tasks without significant oversight
- Is willing to take on additional responsibilities with a “can-do” attitude
- Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
- Clearly conveys expectations and priorities to volunteers
- Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
- Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
- Functions well in a team environment, regularly shares information and solicits feedback from others
- Demonstrates Christ-likeness and a commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Leads volunteers by serving and not by asserting control
- Utilizes emotional intelligence, is emotionally available to those he/she leads
- Invests in the development of others around him/her
- Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH necessary to be successful in this role
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- The gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities is appropriate and allows for future growth
- A personal sense of calling from God to vocational Christian ministry in general and to this particular area of ministry.
- Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Brentwood Baptist Church.
- A mature Christian who is demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer.
- Knowledgeable in music reading and understanding
- Demonstrated significant experience in leading musicians and vocalists.
Significant knowledge and experience in leading numerous genres of music.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Capable to handle physical demands of Worship Ministry.
- Ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s/Seminary-level Master’s degree is required.
- Minimum of [2-3] years’ experience is required working in the local church or Christian ministry context.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.