GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
DAY SHIFT MONDAY - FRIDAY
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Works collaboratively with Quality Director, Chief Medical Officer, leaders, staff and physicians to assess and improve quality across the organization and identify quality performance improvement opportunities. Under the direction of the Quality Director, works collaboratively with organizational leaders to enhance and promote effective transitions of care and care coordination across the organization. Responsible for the management function of planning, organizing, directing and evaluating activity of designated Quality Management staff. Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of data prepared by the Quality Department for use internally or externally.
Responsible for overseeing the day to day work of Quality Management staff to assure successful performance.
Serves as a resource to the organization for all internal or external Quality programs, publically reported or required quality reporting metrics.
Maintains an effective system for preparing, managing and retrieving required quality activities and documents.
Regularly evaluates indications of quality within the organization and identifies opportunities for improvement.
Assists in creating the annual Quality Plan, establishing clear goals and action plans to drive change and meet quality measures.
Responsible for and/or works collaboratively with IT to assure timely and accurate submission of publically reported and required quality measures as well as data submission to clinical benchmark databases.
Provides oversight to departmental clinical data report writers, assuring the validity and accuracy of clinical data reports, data analysis and/or creation of scorecard metrics.
Leads and/or oversees quality improvement projects and produces timely, quantitative and qualitative results.
Works collaboratively with the Accreditation Program Manager to assure organizational compliance with regulatory requirements, supporting a continual survey readiness model, and assisting with survey activities.
Builds and maintains effective relationships with organizational leaders, staff, physicians and outside organizations, including regulatory and/or State agencies, and/or clinical benchmarking organizations.
Manages multiple projects independently; quickly gathers detailed information, identifies goals, meets guidelines, and delegates appropriate issues.
Coordinates the educational needs of staff related to clinical quality.
Evaluates all quality programs against regulatory and industry standards.
Assists with the strategic planning for the department and prepares annual report of quality improvement activities.
Facilitates the development of staff and motivates them to meet organizational, departmental, and professional commitments.
Identifies, creates and manages budgetary requirements for departmental annual operating budget.
Assists in the identification of organizational learning needs and in the preparation/delivery of educational activities to assure ongoing compliance with quality requirements.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and/or BSN with current Ohio RN License. Master’s Degree preferred.
2 years previous Clinical Experience required. Two (2) years previous quality or accreditation experience preferred.
Previous process improvement experience preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology, levels of care, treatment modalities, and the present health care delivery system.
High degree of skill in interpersonal relations with the ability to deal effectively on a one-to-one and group basis with physicians, nursing staff, administration, and other hospital departments.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
Ability to coach employees and promote change..
Strong strategic and critical thinking skills with ability to foster teamwork and drive change.
Self-motivated and able to complete assigned tasks with minimal direction.
Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills to effectively communicate with multiple levels of staff, including front line workers, professional staff, physicians and leaders.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.