Multicultural Wellness Center
Fee for Service Flexible/evenings/weekends
Out-patient services provide individual, family, couples, and group counseling to children and adults. Services include home-based and center-based treatment.
- Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, and providing support;
- Collaborate with case managers, physicians, and nurses to plan and coordinate treatment based on client and family needs; and also with outside agencies involved in the treatment of the client i.e.: ICC workers;
- Counsel and aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client;
- Counsel clients in individual and family sessions to assist them in dealing with mental and physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse;
- Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, and confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of client or patient;
- Modify treatment plans and CANS on a quarterly basis through virtual gateway and the company EMR system;
- Document sessions or any contacts made in the company’s EMR;
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals;
- Attend school based meeting as needed, coordinate with outside agencies such as DCF, DYS, or Juvenile Probation;
- Refer client, or family to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Responsible for obtaining authorizations;
- Follow agency policies and procedures;
- Attend mandatory supervision and all mandatory trainings or staff meetings;
- Assist with additional duties as requested by the Executive Director and Clinical Director;
Document sessions per company policy using EMR to reflect goals and skills worked on during each session, and to ensure timely processing for billing and payroll purposes.
Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work or related field
Active Massachusetts Driver’s License
Must have reliable transportation and be able to work evenings
MWC reserves the right to make revisions to this job description at any time. In the event that changes are made the employee will receive an updated version.