Administrative Support Coordinator II
Date Posted:August 21, 2019 Closing Date:
September 4, 2019
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
Administrative Support Coordinator II
Administrative Support Coordinator II
The incumbent provides administrative support to the Dean, Associate Dean, and College Dean’s Office staff, and is responsible for a myriad of other administrative support assignments in College of Arts and Letters. This position is the first point of contact for the College office and serves as the primary coordinator of travel for all faculty in the College. This position is also Master Timekeeper and serves as the primary clerical support for the College Curriculum Committee and other clerical duties as assigned.
Non-Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
The College of Arts & Letters engages faculty, staff, and students in the creation and study of what makes us human and what humans make. Our students acquire diverse, intercultural competencies and a keen awareness of the past while they purse the promise of the future. We are a proud part of Sacramento’s growing creative economy and cultural vibrancy.
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. This classification requires a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
1) Ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures such as office, department, college and University structures; and understand problems from a broader perspective.
2) Ability to use a computer and other standard office eqiupmpent (i.e. printers, copiers, fax machine, multi-line telephone, etc).
3) Expertise using Microsoft Office software including MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
4) Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data and make proections requiring some inference.
5) Attention to detail and accuracy.
6) Ability to effectively organize and multitask with changing assignments, deadlines and interruptions.
7) Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
8) Ability to work with people of diverse educational, cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds; such as, students, parents, University staff, Senior administrators, faculty, donors and alumni.
9) Ability to interpret, apply and communicate policies and procedures to others.
10) Demonstrated ability to work independently.
11) Demonstrated ability to train and lead other employees.
12) Comprehensive knowledge & experience composing written communications, reports and other administrative correspondence. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Valid California driver’s license
13) Proficiency with CSUS systems such as Common Management System (CMS), Common Financial System (CFS), CourseLeaf, OnBase and Cognos systems, CARS, ASTRA.
14) Varied and responsible office administration experience in a university or equivalent setting.
15) Detailed knowledge of University and College policies and procedures.
Valid California Driver’s License and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * What is the highest level of education attained? •GED
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
2. * How many years of Administrative support experience do you have? •0-2
Documents Needed To Apply
Required Documents 1.Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Optional Documents 1.Letter of Recommendation