Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology and Product Experience (TPX) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer for iOS to join our Digital Home Client Application Engineering team. This group is responsible for customer-facing mobile, web, set-top box, and voice application development for Comcast's Home Security, Home Network Management and Internet of Things product offerings. This includes the native iOS and Android xFi application, which manages our cloud enabled gateway for millions of homes and is expanding internationally. https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and business managers to build new iOS apps from scratch as well as develop features for existing iOS apps. You must be able to pick up new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native iOS applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users).
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- 8+ years' of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years professional experience in developing Objective-C/Swift native client applications (iOS, MacOS)
- 3+ years as a technical lead, with least three other developers (not people management), for a large scale consumer facing application
- 3+ years professional experience in creating native iOS applications, preferably ones that have been approved for release in the App Store.
- Experience building/consuming RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol and caching strategies
- Experience managing software projects with source control systems (GitHub, Jenkins)
- Experience maintaining Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines/workflows
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Collaboration with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements, conducting analysis to determine integration needs.
- Technical leadership throughout the design, development, testing and deployment processes and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
- Serving as a coach and mentor for junior- and mid-level Software Development Engineers
- In-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Presentation and advocating for architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in designing and interacting with REST/ RPC based API micro services
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Experience with multiple specific iPhone technologies/libraries; Localization, i18n, GPS, Bluetooth, WebRTC (Video), Gyro, etc
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- Comfort modifying Java based platform services
- DevOps Native App build experience (Ansible, CocoPods, Jenkins, Fastlane, XCUITests)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer