Meet our professionals
An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a AWS Architect to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
- Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
- We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
The AWS Architect applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions. The individual must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and recommend modifications based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The candidate will manage and promote the use of client IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert to client projects and provide support for project team members. The candidate will create architectures and designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will develop target state architectures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Highly technical AWS Architect possessing 10+ years of IT platform implementation experience
- Experienced in designing and developing integrated solution using the AWS services.
- Experience with setting up and managing EC2, S3, RDS, EMR
- Deep hands-on experience in implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing enterprise environments
- Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and application products
- Understanding the relevant infrastructure, application and operations implications of the designed/developed solution.
- Setting-up and configuring AWS services to best practices.
- Automated software deployment and configuration management.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Help educate enterprise customers on AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Coach customers to be self-sufficient in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
- Someone with deep expertise in private cloud setup
- Someone with deep expertise in CI/CD frameworks like UrbanCode, Jenkins, Maven, AWS Code Commit, AWS CodeDeploy, Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to have
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN)
- Practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Experience in automating a real-world production environment.
Education Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or other engineering discipline
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.