The senior financial analyst will assist with the preparation and analysis of the monthly financial statements and operations reporting, budgeting process, and quarterly forecasting. These processes must follow Pella Corporate guidelines and policies and must ensure these are consistent across all of our sales branches. The senior financial analyst is responsible for analysis of monthly activity and trends to support the operating business plans. They will also review, research and explain variances to budget and forecasts utilizing complex financial models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
for the senior financial analyst include the following, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONs
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial statements and projections for multiple branches. Responsible for month end close procedures and reporting.
- Identify and research budget variances on monthly financial statements. Reports the findings to management.
- Develops financial models to support the underlying business activity.
- Responsible for monthly cyclical activities to support the month end close such as journal entries, reconciliations, property and sales tax returns. Prepares and inputs journal entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Compare financial statements to the other subsidiaries for consistent treatment of accounting transactions.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and forecasting process in accordance with corporate policies and guidelines including projecting information by brand, channel and segment across multiple branches. This includes the coordination of the annual strategic plan, 3-year business plan, and annual budget process. Recommend and implement process/financial model improvements.
- Analyze material cost including analysis of General Ledger variances to perpetual inventory records and scrap. Identify areas of risk and recommend opportunities to improve processes.
- Support physical inventory calculation per policy in assigned branches
- Assists with the planning and coordination of the year-end audits and the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Maintain and update general ledger accounts in appropriate financial systems.
- Partner with team members to drive overall business improvements.
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities throughout the sales subsidiaries.
- Directs the development and maintenance of adequate internal accounting controls.
- Confers with other Managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
for the senior financial analyst include the following, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, and three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA/CGA/CMA preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Will be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PDQ, POETS, OMS, etc.).
- Must have the ability to manage multiple-tasks in an environment of constant interruptions and be able prioritize responsibilities.
Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good public relations, public speaking, instructional/teaching, and customer service skills. Ability to read, interpret, understand and explain documents such as processes and company reports. Ability to effectively present information to others, gather information from others, and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, co-workers, agents, customers, and the general public. Must be able to listen, assess situations and make objective decisions. Must display excellent phone and email etiquette, and the ability to communicate in a pleasant and friendly manner. Must be able to make eye contact and present a professional persona when interacting with coworkers.
Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, have a good attitude, be self-disciplined, and self-motivated. Must be a "take-charge" person with a demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion. Attention to administrative detail is required. Must be articulate, able to give clear instructions, demonstrate organizational skills, and meet reasonable deadlines. Must be able to maintain strict confidence with regards to sensitive and protected personnel/confidential information. Must be able to gain trust, respect, and confidence of employees and managers. Must be able to hold firm when necessary, provide constructive feedback, and compromise when called for. Must present in a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customer and visitors.
Ability to compile and decipher information in spreadsheet format. Strong aptitude for compiling, deciphering and relating financial information in various formats. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Specifically able to apply advanced mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Must have ability to solve practical problems without close supervision. Must be able to determine appropriate resolution in dealing with employee concerns and questions and set appropriate boundaries. Must possess good thought processes, problem-solving skills, and investigative theory. Must be able to use sound judgment and make objective decisions in the company's best interest at all times. Must be able to demonstrate ability to synthesize people and events, problem solve, and engage individuals in effective conversation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, especially with use of the phone and computer. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear especially in use of the telephone and meetings. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus to read written company forms, correspondence, policies, brochures, state/local/federal employment law manuals, and other documents and reading materials as well as the computer.
This job requires a moderate amount of travel in the range of 20% to 25% as the responsibilities are tied to the activities for multiple sites, none of which may be in the employee’s residing location.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Primary work location will be designated at the time of hire. The employee will be required to enter the company's warehouse located at same address or other locations on a regular basis. There may be occasions whereby work locations will include Trade shows or other showroom locations. There may also be occasions when the employee will be expected/able to perform duties at home such as reading professional and/or research materials, making and accepting phone calls, composition of forms, correspondence, reports, etc. on the computer. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate in Administrative office and moderate in the warehouse.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.