If you have a great attitude and love working in a fast paced customer service environment that provides job growth opportunities, then check us out. Working with Handy Mart is not just a job, it can be a career. More than 80% of our Managers are promoted from within.
Why choose us?
- Locally owned and growing in Eastern North Carolina.
- Paid Weekly!
Each full or part time sales clerk is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within Company policy. This position includes duties such customer service, stocking, cleaning, and helping to facilitate a safe environment for employees and customers. We encourage our employees to have fun and work in a positive way to help ensure our Customers want to shop Handy Mart again and again. We are all about great customer service!
1. Be able to constantly speak, read, write and understand the English language, including the ability to hear the spoken word either naturally or by mechanical device, sufficient enough to perform designated duties.
2. Be able to frequently perform math calculations sufficient enough in order to make correct change, complete shift reports and properly check in and account for merchandise delivered by vendors.
3. Have sufficient vision or corrected vision, to check identification, to process money orders and to identify customers at outside gasoline islands.
4. Be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of soft drinks, beer and juices.
5. Be able to frequently walk, bend, and stoop to stock shelves and coolers.
6. Be able to frequently sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash containers to place in dumpster.
7. Be able to frequently clean parking lot and surrounding store area.
8. Be able to frequently enter and work in a walk in cooler.
9. Be able to occasionally climb a ladder for cleaning windows, etc.
10. Be able to constantly stand for long periods of time without sitting.
11. Be able to act promptly in case of a gasoline spill by being familiar and trained on the Company Gasoline Spill checklist.