Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, a Shawcor Company, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a team consisting of Engineers, Technicians and Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
We are growing at a fast pace and as such are accepting resumes for future opportunities to join our Civil/Structural team. The Civil Engineer III will be responsible for project engineering in our growing Facilities Engineering group. This person will plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaption of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. The Engineer will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
- Perform civil design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Layout and detail entire projects as an Engineer of Record or portions of projects under the supervision of the Engineer of Record
- Provide CAD drawings or sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
- Research design options and document findings for Engineer of Record
- Review shop drawings
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Direct and supervise other Designer’s/Drafter’s activities as needed
- Attend and participate in Client meetings
- Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing field conditions; taking and verifying measurements within project area
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents
- Serve as the project engineer by leading design and engineering effort, and managing proposed schedule and budget throughout each project
- Work either independently or closely with others in a team environment on construction plans with clients, architects, and other professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 3+ years’ experience as a civil engineer
- Excellent time management skills
- PE (licensed in any state) preferred, EIT required
- Track record of successful completion of projects
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with others
- Preferred experience with engineering/design software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, etc.
- Understand 2-D and 3-D drafting techniques
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K (6% company match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (nine per year)
Job Type: Full-time