SUMMARY OF DUTIES
You ensure that new products that are introduced into various markets are successful and have long-term viability. You work with executives and stakeholders to identify key markets for product penetration. You oversee the entire product introduction process and make any revisions after it's introduced.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
1. You will demonstrate leadership, expertise, innovation, vision, and the company values in your actions.
2. You will be responsible for leading and ensuring execution of both upstream and downstream activities in cooperation with regional business units.
3. You define and own a global selling strategy that consists of clear milestones and actions.
4. You generate a global pricing strategy and margins for product line of responsibility.
5. You review and approve regional adaptions of your global selling strategy with regional business unit teams.
6. You will be a part of, or lead a Product Development Team (PDT).
7. You will be an integral part of, or lead, a Continuous Improvement Team (CIT).
8. You own the P&L responsibility for assigned portfolio while proactively monitoring product performance (sales & gross margin), to identify areas of strength and weakness.
9. You verify the effectiveness of your selling strategies while ensuring course corrections where required and ensure the barriers to adoption are appropriately resolved.
10. You provide expert-level training to regional business teams.
11. You create and lead the global go-to-market strategy and ensure results and proper execution in targeted geographies.
12. You lead the creation of a Global Voice of Customer activities such as:
a. Creation of local customer engagement and advisory boards
b. Collection of customer input on new trends, indications, and needs
c. Collection and verification of input for existing R&D projects
13. You create a global KOL/ speaker faculty network and database for area of responsibility.
14. You manage existing product portfolio and all stages of product lifecycle.
15. You develop customer segmentation and targeting plans by geography and execute tactics accordingly.
16. You deliver sales force and distributor training content and programs to increase revenue and profitability which may include:
a. Product specification training
b. Relevant procedural training
c. Product application
d. Selling and cross selling process (how to sell and with what)
e. Features & benefit added values summary
f. Related health economic factors which may influence decision making
g. Competitive landscape and objections handling
17. You provide the leadership team regularly with global sales metrics and analysis for the product line of responsibility including:
a. YTD, QTD, MTD product sales and margin by region
b. Free cash flow generated by your area of responsibility
c. Relevant trends vs prior year budget
d. Market share changes and corrective actions where required
18. You collect relevant market data
a. From regions (via regional marketing teams)
b. From external sources
19. You identify relevant congresses, educational events, and other opportunities to participate in industry educational events that drive brand awareness, education, and ultimately product adoption and revenue growth.
20. You Identify product line gaps, proposes improvements and innovations based on market feedback, lead user interaction, workflow analysis, or innovation screening process, and assess commercial potential business case.
21. You travel approximately 40% of the time, and as needed.
22. You will perform all other duties, as needed.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, or allied health (nursing, physician assistant, technologist).
- Six years' experience in sales and/or marketing Project management and presentation experience.
- Global product launch experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at a variety of levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills -- verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare professional written and oral presentations and market analysis.
- Ability to manage large and high priority projects efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- MBA or graduate level education (MS, PGD, MA).
- Strong track record as a sales representative performing above expectations and peers.
- Experience working in medical device, healthcare or pharma industry.
- Previous medical device sales experience.
- Market research/analyzing
- Product assessment
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Presentation skills -- verbal and written
- Networking and Negotiation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Merit currently has an opening at its corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our Operational Systems Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway South Jordan, UT 84095
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled