Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers.
We are seeking a .NET Application Architect, based at Western Union‘s Montvale, NJ location. In this role, you will be supporting the AML Compliance IT Solutions for the WU Business Solutions and Payments Services businesses. You will work on projects involving the entire software development cycle, from interpreting and facilitating requirements to developing software to supporting production deployments.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Works with Compliance partners to understand and facilitate project requirements.
- Prepares clear and thorough functional and technical design documents involving applicable use cases and design protocols to ensure a clear understanding of development work to deliver related requirements
- Utilizes a broad spectrum of technology and innovation to develop software to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Collaborates with multiple groups including Compliance, technology teams, Operations, test teams, third party vendors, etc. to ensure alignment to requirements and processes to deliver successful solutions.
- Takes responsibility to yield enhancements, quality improvement, and cost reduction
- Uses database design and data analytics to ensure the system is architected upon a strong foundation of information and to provide feedback to business and operations teams
- Becomes the central point of ownership for the end to end system issues and design solutions for the functional area and innovatively solves any problems
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technology related field is preferred but not required OR 4-5+ years of total relevant software development experience
- Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving technical challenges, with a can-do attitude
- Experience in developing and implementing web-based solutions
- Knowledge of architecture design concepts, object-oriented design, and techniques
- Knowledge of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies
- Strong communication skills including a demonstration of written functional specifications and technical design with the ability to interact with partners globally
- 1+ Years of experience in the Financial industry a plus
- AML Compliance experience a plus
- Case Management experience a plus
Technical areas of expertise:
- .Net, C#, ASP.Net Core
- Databases, information processing, and related technology
- Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL Databases
- Cloud, AWS, Big Data and associated tools experience a plus
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL Databases: 1 year
- Databases, information processing, and related technology: 1 year
- developing and implementing web based solutions: 1 year
- total relevant software development: 4 years
- Agile and Iterative: 1 year
- .Net, C#, ASP.Net Core: 1 year
- architecture design concepts and object oriented design: 1 year