The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Sr. Vice President of Project Controls and is responsible for a leadership role in the financial and analytic reporting of Manhattan Construction. The position will standardize financial reporting across all platforms, as well as being responsible for additional analytically reporting for the parent company.
The Financial Analyst is also responsible for preparation of financial and management reports (in conjunction with Rooney Holdings Inc.) for senior leadership as well as analysis across the company to provide insight and decision support.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Financial Analyst is directly responsible for the following:
- Lead budgeting and forecasting efforts by working directly with individual Regional Leaders and Project Teams
- Review and monitor Job Revenue forecast v. billed and explain variances
- Fiscal year and quarterly plan updates
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Create a more efficient budgeting and forecasting process
- Financial performance measurement and risk analysis
- Standardize financial reporting across regions and project types
- Support annual company audit process
- Collaborate with financial managers, controller, and regional leadership to gather and analyze data for reports needed.
- Lead in the preparation of the annual business plan forecast; collaborate with cross-company budget owners (Sells, General, and Administrative, job cost and revenue)
- Review business plan forecast monthly to ensure accurate financial and accounting information is provided to the parent company
- Participate in monthly project status report reviews across companies; fee/contingency, schedule impacts, revenue/fee recognition
- Analyze other income streams, validate actual to date, variance reports forecast income for business planning
- Analyze project fee forecasts, validate actual to date, variance reports, forecast income for business planning
- Provide overall business analytics, trends, key indicators reports for evaluation and business planning
- Develop business intelligence tools and solutions that can be used across the business to analyze large amounts of data in a consistent manner.
- Create workflows and processes to streamline financial data collection and reporting
- Review and recommend potential changes to field accounting processes, to address efficiencies, internal controls, and best practices
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting of financial data, trending, and Key Performance Indicators
- Financial analysis of data to determine cost anomalies and revenue recognition
- Develop an awareness of current business practices to better understand the business model of all delivery methods, including self-perform
- Focus on cost reduction opportunities brought about by the consolidation of resources at each of the operating entities
- Develop and incorporate new software functionality to support ongoing efficiencies and business initiatives
- Additional roles and responsibilities as directed
JOB SKILLS & ABILITIES GUIDELINES:
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting and analysis. Prefer experience in the construction industry with a focus on labor and equipment intensive groups.
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to work with senior management leaders at all operating entities, to include shared services groups, such as IS&T and Accounting.
- Management Capability – Results driven management style, with the ability to work directly with senior management and staff to support company goals and objectives.
- Analytical Skill - High level of analytical skill and mental agility with the ability to review and analyze financial information, highlight and interpret trends and problems, and provide financial analysis to support operating entities.
- Initiative - High level of personal initiative to work independently with limited supervision.
- Communication Skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver professional reports and presentations.
- Work Ethic - Strong work ethic, with the ability to lead by example.
- PC Proficiency - Proven skill and proficiency in the use of personal computers, including spreadsheet, database, and accounting applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 8+ years of previous financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis experience
- Master’s in Accounting/Finance or MBA a plus
- Background in Construction Management a plus
All contact with Manhattan Construction from third parties must be through Human Resources Recruiting department. Any contact made outside of the Manhattan Construction Human Resources recruiting Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationship between the third party and Manhattan Construction, therefore Manhattan Construction will not be obligated and will not under any circumstance pay for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates directed to our leaders or recruiting department, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. Our Company only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract that entails our terms and policies of Manhattan Construction.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Planning, budgeting, reporting and analysis: 8 years (Preferred)
- Tulsa, Oklahoma (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs