Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, provide expert analysis, design, development, modification, and maintenance of software applications that meet user and organizational information and processing needs. Perform related duties as assigned.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
As part of the overall team, the incumbent will receive instructions, direction, and guidance from the Chief Operating Officer. Work will be reviewed and aligned on a regular basis.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions: 100% of time
- Collaborate with product, development and support teams to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Participate in team meetings and project discovery to drive Agile projects from requirements to deployment.
- Develop test and quality assurance plans and automations (harness) to improve product quality and efficiency.
- Lead the design, development, modification or support of fully integrated systems, which may include cloud-based web software applications, interfaces between disparate computer programs or vendor supplied software applications and utilities, databases, networks, and related systems.
- Create and implement Ruby and EmberJS modules into complex enterprise computer application framework
- Based on requirements, conceptualize and develop architectural solutions with all necessary element, including database, business logic, process workflows, web services, and user interfaces UI and user experience UX.
- Collaborate with internal and external technical development teams to determine project scope and direction.
- Develop project proposals and pitch proposed solution to internal teams.
- Create best practice agile project plans that include, metrics, cost analysis, scope, dependencies, sequence, and timelines.
- Collaborate with third-party vendor to resolve technical issues, or generate specifications/design project elements.
- Based on approved specifications, design, development and implement cloud systems and software applications/solutions.
- Create and modify applications based on published best language practices and coding standards for project development.
- Evaluate existing software solutions and requirements to identify areas for improvement.
- Create modifications for existing software to increase performance and/or efficiency.
- Collaborate and implement performance optimizations required to efficiently leverage cloud platforms,
- Leverage best practices to conduct testing that minimizes security risks, defects and maximizes optimal functionality.
- Provide hands-on support of assigned systems to ensure minimal downtime and loss of productivity and service.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Functions of the Job:
- None identified at this time.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Special Conditions of Employment: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Need to be able to work flexible hours particularly given hours of operation. Applicants for this position are subject to a criminal history check.
- Prior Ruby full stack development experience.
- Experience in PostgreSQL, Sidekiq, and testing frameworks and tools such as Cucumber or Zephyr
- Experience with collaborative workflow tools such as Slack, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Knowledge and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or extensive Commercial Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenant development skills experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and concepts effectively.
- Clear and coherent written communication, including visual representations of data
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns
- Background in service-oriented architecture (SOA) and RESTful API development
- Strong understanding of security best practices
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Data analysis, transformation and analytics skills.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning (ML)/AI frameworks and their application.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms such as Amazon, etc.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices and Software: Personal computer; computer programming languages and software development tools; Apple Mac OSx; basic networked computer systems, storage and operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- SAAS: 4 years (Preferred)
- IT Management: 4 years (Required)
- Troubleshooting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)