Financial Planning Analyst
POSITION REPORT TO: Director of Finance
POSITION LOCATION: Bob Evans Restaurant Support Center New Albany, Ohio
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for a wide variety of financial, analytical and accounting related tasks in support of Bob Evans Restaurant initiatives. This position is also responsible for performing routine reporting as well as ad hoc financial analyses.
- Supports the Operations team with a series of regular reporting on sales, profitability, and cost controls. Constantly seeks opportunities to improve visibility for Operations, as well as improve reporting and analysis process efficiencies.
- Supports senior management with a wide variety of financial analyses and reporting, both ad hoc and routine. Performs analysis of specific projects (i.e. prepares detail of work plan and schedule, completes detailed analysis and research, identifies options, prepares reports for management, and recommends action or change).
- Participates in the review and analysis of completed Operating Budgets and Forecast (i.e., prepares detailed analysis of specific Budget accounts, recommends changes and assists in organization and presentation of Budget issues).
- Prepares financial analysis on specific financial statement accounts, highlights performance issues and prepares reports for management.
- Assists in month-end and quarter-end closing analysis and reporting. Leverages relationships on the accounting team to clarify and improve analyses and conclusions.
- Assists the finance team with the oversight and ongoing evolution of the business intelligence environment (Power BI). Performs validation and monitoring of data alignment with source systems, working with BI developers to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions.
- Participates in cross-functional teams, supporting decision makers with proactive and comprehensive analyses to support strategic plan and fiscal year tactics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are essential
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, with strong computer and financial modeling skills
- Experience with Power BI, SQL, and Microsoft Dynamics is a plus, but not required.
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to plan, prioritize, innovate, and implement in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong knowledge of finance; working knowledge of restaurant accounting/GAAP
- Exhibits excellent business and financial judgment based on experience
- Collaboration and leadership skills; Ability to work independently and with a group
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field required
- 1-2 years of experience in a related finance, accounting, or analytical role
- Restaurant or retail industry experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
Employee Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _______________
Supervisor Signature: __________________________________ Date: _______________
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Analysis Skills: 1 year (Preferred)