Software Developer (UX Engineer)
Compensation is competitive and depends on experience. Help us design a friendly, modern, real-time, web user interface for a web application using the latest and greatest technologies. We make a real-time tracking and surveillance application for some of the most powerful law enforcement agencies in the world. Join our team of seven today! This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
Ensure the success of our customers, especially through the design and implementation of front ends to web applications.
· Design for performance, user productivity, and code maintainability using best practices including multithreaded asynchronous web applications.
· Design with Material UI/UX concepts.
· Perform UI and application tests in Chrome, IE 11, FireFox, and Edge.
· Support Mobile UX design and development.
· Deliver quality product, perform peer code reviews, and support the team in learning the React UI stack.
· Keep abreast of modern technologies.
· Write detailed work estimates.
· Expertise in time management and a self-starter delivering on deadlines, including working overtime as needed going the extra mile for our customers.
· Create and update documentation on user and technical manuals to reflect UI changes, test plans, and other documentation as needed.
· This is an office environment position 8:30AM to 5:00 PM
Key skills / experience
- Proven track record of creating high quality UXs for web applications on a Windows Platform.
· Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Software, Computer, or other Engineering, Mathematics, Art/Graphic Design degree and 2-years of related experience OR 5-years of related experience.
· Job Skills (Key)
- Strong web application UX design skills
- Strong real-time web framework architecture skills and use of common design patterns.
- Development skills in SignalR
- Understanding SPAs, MVC (MVVM, etc.)
- Experience designing multi-threaded, asynchronous applications.
- Experience with Visual Studio development
- Experience with VMWare Workstation
- Experience with Git Source Control
- Basic SQL Server administration and development
- Experience with Windows OSs.
· Job Skills (Preferred)
- Unit Testing in Jest
- Angular, C#, Web Assembly
- iOS or Android development
- Working with JSON and XML responses to Web API services
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server or Azure Dev Ops.
- Familiarity with Jira.
- Experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Profiler.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking
- Confident when working with customers
- Contribute to a team project
Job Type: Full-time