Practices strong telephone and guest service etiquette, accurately records reservations. Warmly greets and seats guests in the highest professional matter. They are also expected to provide excellent service for guests with a friendly smile while always following our guest service standards of 10 for 10, 80/20 and C.P.R. Team member must have comprehensive knowledge of all events and amenities in the UltraStar Multi-tainment Center.
*MUST BE ABLE TO PASS HAIR FOLLICLE TEST
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner
- Manages reservations to effectively seat dining room
- Practices complete guest service by greeting and welcoming guests
- Possesses knowledge of food and beverage served
- Able to properly set tables. Plan out seating chart and organize the reservations
- Understand mechanics of service and can arrange table for large parties
- Maintains dining room, entrance(interior and exterior) restaurant throughout shift
- Maintains a clean and organized desk area
- Ensure that there are plenty of menus for service period. Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains.
- Communication to ensure the server is aware guests have been sat
- Say good-bye to all of the guests. Check to see that their visit was great
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Affluent knowledge of all events and amenities of the UltraStar Multi-tainment Center
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs*
- Ability walk, lift, twist, bend, reach, and handle food products on frequent basis*
- Demonstrate ability to work at a fast pace while standing for long periods of time
- Completion of basic food handling training and any local or state mandated certification
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with guests
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of the proper etiquette and service standards
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- 1 year prior experience working as a host/hostess in a full service restaurant preferred but not required.
- English language and professional communication skills are required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the Team Member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, holidays, weekends are required.
- Work in an area where there is varying noise, lighting, in a fast paced environment with changes in air quality including second hand smoke.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds 100 feet.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Walk or stand 100% of shift.
- Reach, bend and stoop frequently.
- Ascend and descend stairs and sloped surfaces
- Interior Work Areas-have moderate temperatures. Interior flooring may be carpeted, tile, and concrete. Auditorium floors are either stepped or sloped. Team members may encounter wet or slippery floor surfaces.
Exterior Work Areas-Moderate to extreme temperatures depending on weather conditions
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $11.25 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)