Newport Chiropractic Center is a welcoming environment to work. This position allows for growth and collaborative work in the medical field. There is a broad knowledge which is gained within our office. You are not pigeon holed into a role and you are allowed to learn reception, front office, back office and billing depending upon your interest levels.
We are seeking a part time to full time, long term entry level receptionist for our office. This position has the possibility of growth into an expanded role if the candidate shows initiative and is a reliable, fast learner. This is a great position for a super smart high school student or recent grad! Please do not be intimidated to apply even if you feel you don't have enough experience. We are looking for a reliable, flexible and friendly person, not necessarily someone who has done this job before.
YOU WILL BE SENT ASSESSMENTS FROM INDEED-PLEASE COMPLETE THEM!!
Qualities that we are looking for:
· You have great attention to detail (I cannot stress this enough!) and are good at math.
· You are organized and able to get the job done!
· You take initiative!
· A positive, go-getter, willing to roll up their sleeves!
· You genuinely care about people and want to make a difference.
· You love to talk to people, even people that you don’t know, and make them feel welcome!
· Greet patients - Give every patient that comes through our door or calls our phone, the extra care and love that makes them feel at home.
· Answer phones with energy, sparkle and a smile!
· Learn to schedule efficiently and manage patient flow to ensure all patients are treated with great service and a WOW experience!
· Generate daily reports.
· Tracking patient visits, office statistics, goal setting for the office.
- Give simple financial presentations to patients and help them with financial arrangements for starting their care, taking payments and collecting money when due.
- Bill insurance companies, tracking of balances, posting payments, following up with insurance, and producing statements when needed.
-Routine calls to attorneys to follow up on case status, preparation of records.
-Writing letters, preparing packets, filing and general office support.
-Work closely with the doctor and other staff.
· Giving stickers to kids, opening the door for someone who has their hands full, offering a snack to a hungry working mom, and whatever else comes up!!
· Keep the office looking tidy, organized and beautiful!
· Must. Be. Reliable!
· Must be computer savvy, and be able to carry yourself well displaying polish, maturity and confidence.
· Excellent communication; verbal and written.
· Must be comfortable discussing finances with patients, eventually...
· Billing knowledge/experience is a plus, but not required.
· Previous medical/office experience preferred, but also not required!
Position is M-F; bonus points for availability on Sat mornings for training until comfortable in the position.
Our hours are M-F: MWF, we see patients from 7AM until 1PM, but we are in the office until 3-4PM depending on the work load.
T & TH, we see patients from 12PM-6PM and sometimes come in early before hand, depending on the work load, as well.
We understand that people have other obligations so we are willing to job share this position if we find the right people, but, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU BE ABLE TO WORK MON AND FRI.
We will discuss the specific hours needed with the ideal candidate and try our best to work with their schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.50 - $13.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
All patients wear masks, we only schedule patients so there is one patient at the desk at a time, they can text when they are here to maintain spacing and the flow of the office. All surfaces and common touch points are sanitized between each patient.
- Would others describe you as a reliable individual?
- We start seeing patients early in the morning. You must be able to to be here by 6:45 AM on Mon and Wed mornings.
1) Do you have reliable transportation? Y/ N and
2) Can you be here by 6:45 on those days? Y/N
- Why do you feel you would be a good addition to our office?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location