Internal Auditor- Position is located in Niceville Florida. Must be able to relocate.
This position will manage and perform financial, operational, SOX and regulatory compliance audits in accordance with established department and professional audit standards throughout CCB’s operating departments to ensure adequate internal controls are in place, maintained and functioning properly. Essential job duties include analyzing controls and associated risk exposures to CCB, and preparing recommendations for ultimate presentation to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Conducts assigned audit projects including audit planning, process walkthroughs, risk assessment, audit program development, test work, audit report issuance, and project wrap-up.
- Applies knowledge of banking and financial services in the completion of risk based process audits.
- Interact with various operational, financial and IT Auditors while performing their responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in banking and financial services related laws and regulations
- Identifies root causes and effectively communicates audit findings and recommendations to business process owners.
- Create and maintain process and procedure in accordance with BPM methodology.
- Responsible for the preparation and update of the annual risk assessment of the audit plan.
- Strong understanding of accounting and audit standards.
- Maintains continuing education in accounting and auditing processes.
- Develops productive and value-added relationships with management and other stakeholders.
- Audits conducted will, a) appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and operating controls; b) ascertain the extent of compliance with established Bank policies and procedures or regulatory mandates; c) ascertain the extent to which the Bank's assets are accounted for and safeguarded from loss, theft or destruction; d) determine the reliability data and other data developed within the organization that may impact financial reporting
- Coordinates with external auditors in completion of annual financial audits and outsourced audits.
- Performs audit finding follow-up with bank process owners to ensure that corrective actions have been effectively implemented as prescribed in audit reports.
- Conducts and/or assists in the completion of special-request projects on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains audit tracker Travel to Alabama/ Florida locations for the day (periodically) or overnight (approximately 5%). . Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or other applicable field.
- Masters Degree in business-related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Three plus years of experience working in a bank or financial services internal audit and/or public accounting capacity.
- Maintains certifications and licenses.
- Audit Certification Required - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) are preferred. Technical/Functional Competencies
- Good understanding of the Standards and Guidance established by the Institute of Internal Auditors and ability to apply in performing audit duties.
- Strong analytical skills to assess control design and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio.
Job Type: Full-time
- working in a bank: 3 years
- Internal Auditing: 3 years
Required work authorization: