As the Director Strategic Projects, you will be spearheading large cross-functional initiatives that align with our overall Go To Market strategy. In this high impact role you will work closely with executive leadership along with a variety of team members across Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Finance to provide business counsel and recommendations on how to best drive forward global initiatives. These projects will impact our company-wide go to market strategy, how we sell and how we service our customers.
You will proactively monitor performance and drive accountability to ensure the Sales organization is enabled to exceed planned deadlines on these initiatives, and drive excellence across the team. Additionally, you will develop the Sales Project Management Playbook and structure best practices for how this newly launched team should function in the future. As you grow within this role, you will learn the rhythms of sales and go to market projects inside and out, become an authority on how the sales department should manage its most challenging projects, and have an active voice in shaping our Sales strategy.
In this role, you'll get to:
We are looking for people who:
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success Marketing, Product and Finance teams to design and drive scalable solutions that support go-to-market strategies and drive exponential growth
- Advise and coach all levels of sales operations and sales enablement personnel to provide thorough and manageable project plans for each deliverable
- Design a consistent and efficient format for project plan management
- Make strategic business recommendations to drive Recurring Revenue growth opportunities, margin & discounting expansion opportunities, and strategic planning and initiatives
- Drive long-term strategic planning for sales while assisting with cross-team planning efforts, acting as a knowledgeable authority looking for ways to support project oversight
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive change initiatives in collaboration with Sales Enablement, Sales Ops, Finance, Customer Success, and People Ops
- Provide input into the timeline design of our commission structure, quotas, and rules of engagement
- Engage with our Business Engineering team to ensure project planning effectively crosses between their team and the sales organization
- Have experience managing a small team of project management folks to drive change within an organization
- Display the ability to up-level and build out the capabilities of HubSpot's teams to deliver better processes, enhanced reporting & analytics, and an overall world-class revenue operations experience
- Organized with an analytical mindset, processes oriented, and technically savvy
- Have experience using project management tools (Smartsheet, MS Project or other similar Project Management tools)
- Have the ability to adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a high-growth SaaS business
- Are driven to define the right key metrics and analyses to produce actionable insights
- Operate as an inclusive leader who thrive in an ever changing environment and like to question the status quo.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
This job can be remote.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we'd love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world's small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code ( http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/34234/The-HubSpot-Culture-Code-Creating-a-Company-We-Love.aspx ) which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace ( https://www.hubspot.com/jobs/diversity-inclusion ), too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We're headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), Paris (France), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of your personal information