Job Description Summary
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Manages broker office: handles mail and incoming calls, coordinates broker calendars, organizes client/visitor meetings and assists in preparing brokers for meetings
- Prepares marketing materials including Offering Memorandums, Request for Proposals and Marketing Packages using desktop publishing software
- Manage outside vendors for printing and graphics when not produced in-house
- Keeps clients, broker team members and administrative staff up to date on status of deliverables, deadlines and upcoming meetings
- Coordinates broker calendar with clients and project teams as well as takes the appropriate actions to keep projects on schedule
- Maintains and updates the branch database and branch library of Offering Memorandum and Proposals
- Produces and maintains Project Control Books, if applicable
- Produces and maintains tables of comparable sales by category, size and geographic location
- Tracks all agreements and deals to provide Branch Commission Accountant with current information with regard to accounts payable and pending items on deals outstanding
- Reviews calculations on RTDs for accuracy; ensures that cost recoveries occur (OTT, Financial Consulting Dept. recoveries) before submission to Branch Commission Accountant
- Client monthly billing process, fee share reconciliation, and reporting.
- Recommends improvements to current policies and procedures and training systems; shares ideas in staff meetings for best practices related to processes, organization, software tips/techniques, etc.
- Performs all general administrative duties as needed
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.
The compensation for the position is: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.