We’re Growing in Blacksburg!
We are looking for motivated, growth-minded individuals in the Blacksburg area who are interested in starting a career in sales.
Grow With Us!
Kimball Midwest is a national distributor of maintenance, repair, and operation (MRO) products, with over 1000+ Sales Representatives across the country. From our first Million-dollar sales year in 1983, to nearly $300 Million in sales this past year, we have grown at a rapid pace, and we are on track to continue to double our sales every five years.
We realize that our success is a direct result of our quality people, especially in our sales force, which is why we are seeking out individuals who have the ability, desire, and dedication to grow with us.
When we do find quality people, we do everything we can to facilitate their professional development, in hopes that they have long, successful careers here at Kimball Midwest.
This sentiment led us to create the Account Representative Program.
About The Account Representative Program:
The Account Representative program is designed for individuals who are new to outside sales.
The program begins with a structured two-year training and developmental period. During this time, you will work full-time as an entry-level Outside Sales Representative, with a base + bonus + commission compensation plan.
Your development will include:
During this time, you will learn valuable skills such as:
- Classroom-Based Learning
- Online Product Training
- Hands-On Practice, shoulder-to-shoulder with Divisional Trainers and experienced Sales Representatives
- Prospecting and Cold-Calling Local Businesses
- Hands-on Product Demonstrations
- Transactional Selling vs. Systems Selling
- The Sales Cycle
- Relationship Building
- Developing and Maintaining a Book of Business
The end-goal of the program is to prepare you to transition into an Outside Sales role with Kimball Midwest.
WHY KIMBALL MIDWEST?
1. Control Your Own Destiny – Unlimited earning potential with uncapped commission, and opportunities for advancement, as we are always looking to promote from within.
2. Every Day is Different – While continuously developing your book of business, each day will present new challenges and opportunities to grow as a Sales Representative. Work like it’s your own business and earn what you’re worth!
3. Family culture – The Company has been family-owned and operated since 1923.
4. Work/Life balance:
Most territories are a 30-50-mile travel radius, allowing you to be home with family and friends each night.
5. Two-Customer Sales Philosophy:
Unparalleled support from our internal departments for the Sales Force as well as our end-user customers, who make up both parts of our Two-Customer Philosophy.
6. Quality of Products:
80% of our inventory spend is on quality American-made products. Quality products lead to less down-time for our customers, saving them time and money.
7. Superior value to customer:
Relationship-based approach delivers value beyond our product offering.
8. Great Industry:
The maintenance, repair and operations industry is recession proof. We can sell to just about anyone turning a wrench with our wide variety of products (we stock 51,000 products across our 4 Distribution Centers, with an additional 500,000+ products available for special order through our non-stock department).
9. Kimball Midwest was ranked 29 on Selling Power’s Best Companies to Sell For (2017 & 2018), amongst other corporate giants. Companies on the list were ranked across industries on criteria such as compensation, benefits, hiring, sales training, sales enablement, and customer retention.
COME JOIN THE BEST SALES TEAM IN THE INDUSTRY!
Just fill out the interest form on the right-hand side of the page and one of our Sales Recruiters will be in touch!
Kimball Midwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) – By choice!