Foxconn is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring all applicants are given an equal opportunity to apply for job openings. If you require assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Foxconn Interconnect Technologies is looking for a Applications Engineer who can apply their expertise in electronics design and networking to help develop and drive the adoption of new Fiber Optic Transceiver technologies.
Be a key contributor to FIT’s next generation transceiver product development effort. You will define new product requirements and modify existing products to meet new applications. You will create automated test equipment (ATEs) to characterize optical/electrical performance of transceiver products. This is a fast paced, visible position, which has direct impact on technology development and division revenue.
- Design and utilize automated test systems for use in high speed electrical / optical characterization of fiber optic transceiver modules.
- Solve high impact application engineering issues optical/electrical signal integrity, through system and component design review, bench testing, experimentation, and direct customer communication
- Create outbound technical product documentation (AppNote, White Papers), design tools (models, test PCBs, reference designs), and Sales collateral and trainings
- Quickly define and prototype technical solutions to identify and solve system interoperability issues that arise during product development/qualification (digital timing, signal integrity, EMI, impedance)
- Develop close working relationships with design groups from OEMs, contract manufacturers, and networking equipment designers
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters degree preferred)
- 5 years related industry experience
- Experienced in defining performance specifications for high-speed digital fiber optic transceivers, conducting design verification tests using oscilloscopes, BERTs, network analyzers, DCAs, I2C bus analyzers, Keysight, Tektronix, Spirent, IXIA, Viavi.
- Working knowledge of standard physical layer optical/electrical (O/E) test methods of fiber optic components (characterization, design validation, trouble shooting).
- Proficient in Keysight Vee, LabView or equivalent automated test development software.
- Strong understanding of networking hardware (switch, HBA, servers) and applications including Physical Layer Components (CDRs, SerDes, FPGAs) and Industry Standards (Ethernet IEEE 802.3, Fibre Channel FC-PI, PCIe, Infiniband).
- Experience using & testing networking hardware (Cisco OS, Brocade, Dell, HP) with protocol testers, and test automation using TCL, Expect, or PERL scripting, LabView, HP Vee, Visual Basic.
- Competent technical writer MS Office, Excel, macros/VBA and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to dynamically prioritize assignments and work independently