Job Code360059 Admin Offcr/SrIndiv Contrib
Duties & Responsibilities
The Director, Client Development will be responsible for implementing a successful sales strategy targeted at the Midwest region with KPIs including managing existing corporate accounts and building a pipeline of organizations that send highly qualified participants to Harvard Business School’s Open Enrollment programs.
As part of this strategy, the Director, will:
- Develop a strategy for the region that drives applicants from a targeted list of client organizations. Focus of client engagement will be on senior HR leaders and/or senior leaders of the organization with the decision-making authority on Leadership Development, Talent Management or L&D investments. The main goal will be to establish an agreement with select organizations to use HBS Executive Education.
- With support from HBS Executive Education Client Services and Marketing, deliver a quantifiable pipeline of qualified organizations from the region that send participants to Open Enrollment programs.
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities via the CRM system to increase applications from existing accounts and attract applicants from new accounts.
- Update CRM system to keep all Executive Education teams informed of organizations that have committed to send participants.
- Have significant knowledge of the Executive Education program portfolio as well as other HBS offerings, including those from Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning Solutions and HBX online programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the executive development market in your region and how HBS creates value for client companies, program participants, faculty, and the institution overall. Find ways to strengthen, enhance, and position the portfolio of programs in your region.
- Manage a portfolio of a targeted group of clients.
- Capture and share market intelligence for the Asia region which will help to inform the continued evolution of our portfolio of programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of regional organizations and companies and their overall business challenges.
- Develop a close partnership with program directors to drive sales strategy and increase sales.
- Develop a close partnership with the Custom Program team to drive sales
- Develop a close partnership with Client Services and Marketing to ensure strong lead management
- Support the event strategy for the region to increase brand awareness and establish a prospect pipeline.
- Communicate the HBS value proposition for the corporate market to enable the team to identify, form, and grow longstanding relationships with targeted clients in the region.
Over 10 years of work experience with at least 5+ years of direct sales/business development experience
Must be a strong collaborator who is able to build trust across a wide range of stakeholders. Brings excellent client-facing skills. Ability to focus, engage, and develop high standards of performance and professionalism. Has high levels of emotional and cultural intelligence and is equally confident in data and analytics. Capable of operating in a highly complex environment such as academia, with the particular concerns of higher education, and a nuanced decision-making process. Must believe in the mission and academic philosophy of HBS. Is agile and adaptive to constantly changing client needs and competitive moves. Approximately 30 to 50% domestic/international travel required.
Cover Letter is required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at and learn about other Employment Opportunitieshttp://www.hbs.edu/employment/
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
USA - GA - Atlanta
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.