Responsible for all reception duties including scheduling appointments, customer service and retail sales. Supports the program instructors in classroom management and the delivery of related training curriculum and assists students in attaining the knowledge and skills needed to complete the training program and succeed in the career in which they are training. Secures and maintains product inventory in the Cosmetology Dispensary. New hire placement in the pay range is typically below the mid-point, however will be determined commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Responsible for maintaining reception area and dispensary in
clean and organized manner.
- Schedules appointments for clientele over the phone and walk-ins.
- Assists customers with obtaining services; collects payments for
services and retail sales.
- Assists in monitoring the use, set-up and maintenance of supplies
instructor, to include teaching students how to:
- Implements curriculum and training as directed by the program
Handle front desk duties
Handle money and tips
Provide client customer service
Be on task with other salon duties, such as cleaning and laundry
- Assists in setting up product inventory system, and responsible
to maintain system after implementation.
- Works with teachers and students to maintain an organized
system for requesting items from the Dispensary.
- Informs supervisor of items needing to be ordered.
- Prepares supply kits for specific services.
- Assists students with accurate measuring of products.
Education and Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience directly related to Cosmetology is preferred
- A combination of work experience and education may fulfill this
- Minimum of three years of customer service and/or receptionist
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have competent computer skills and people skills.Must be
available to work variable shifts, Monday through Saturday, during the
days and evenings
- Students currently enrolled in the Cosmetology or Nail Technology
Program are not eligible to apply
- Requires successful criminal background check
The College reports all positions to the Department of Work Force Services, posts all positions on the website: http://www.davistech.edu/hr, and posts hard copies of all announcements in the Human Resource Office. You can request a copy in room 1081. Verification of a typing score (within last six months) if required, is accepted from the Campus Testing Center. The Davis Technical College complies with all aspects of the ADA and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Any applicant requiring accommodations in the application process must contact the Human Resource Office. Requests should be made three days prior to need.
To be considered for employment you must meet the minimum qualifications of the position, submit an EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, RESUME and COVER LETTER before the closing date. All applicants will be evaluated and ranked on the basis of relevant experience as stated therein. Highest ranking applicants may be invited for a personal interview. Apply online at www.davistech.edu/hr or in person at:
Davis Technical College
550 E 300 S, Kaysville, UT 84037