We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Data Center Technician joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
Job Description Overview:
Data Center Technician will oversee the operation, maintenance, and procedures of the organization's Data Center.
- Manage daily activities as assigned for ensuring the security and integrity of agency data, databases, information systems, and technology
- Supervises IT technicians and professionals, and may manage subordinate supervisors
- Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained
- May also perform complex IT tasks
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- May Provide guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
- Participates in special projects as required
0-2 years of related experience in data center operations
0-2 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Design copper and fiber distribution systems supporting all installed equipment
- Splice, trouble shoot, test and install copper and fiber distribution/patch cables in support of all installed equipment
- Install equipment in cabinets to include, installation of Power Distribution Units (PDUs), power cables and patch cords (copper and fiber)
- Know or understand airflow management/best practices
- Know or understand cable management/best practice
- Labeling/Marking standards
- Have the ability or understanding to design and install overhead, underfloor pathway systems and cabinet installation per the TIA/EIA 942a standards, BICSI, NEC
- Know how to use various hand/power tools, copper, and fiber test equipment.
- Have the ability to work underfloor and overhead on ladders for long periods of time
- Have the ability to lift 50+ pounds
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership and Management skills
- Working knowledge of IP Routings/Switching
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Application Hosting
- Working knowledge of Storage Systems
- Working knowledge of VoIP Systems
- Working knowledge of Audio Visual Systems
- Working knowledge of Thin Client Workstations
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.