Our field-based Service Technicians / Mechanics are the representatives of Tennant Company, working with our customers to deliver solutions that create a cleaner safer world.
Working at our customer's facilities, will maintain and repair Tennant industrial electric-gas-propane-diesel cleaning equipment, up to the size of a street sweeper, and provide quality customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure satisfaction with Tennant products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered engine problems on all Tennant products and similar competitive products
- Responsible for effectively scheduling time and arranging all customer service calls, planned maintenance and breakdowns, to maintain effective customer service
- Maintain records of all service activities and business reporting documentation, through the use customer repair order logs, service agreements, completed repair orders, timesheets, machine checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and service agreements
- Efficiently manage inventory levels to maximize inventory turns while minimizing return trips to customers
- Ensure proper communication of customer preventative maintenance schedules and future service needs
- Estimate machine repair requirements and prepare necessary data to provide an accurate repair quote to the customer
- Responsible for proper and safe use, maintenance, and reporting of all Tennant Company property. This includes trucks, trailers, tools, and equipment
- Partner with sales representatives in regard to potential customer applications for equipment replacements
- Consistently present a professional image, both in personal appearance and condition of company equipment
- Assist manager by making territory boundary changes and customer alignment recommendations
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mobile equipment such as scrubbers, sweepers, vehicles, forklifts, construction / heavy equipment / agricultural equipment, etc.
- Solid experience repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Experience working in direct contact with customers on service-related activities.
- Field Service experience preferred.
- High school diploma/GED minimum education required; strongly prefer advanced technical education.
- Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy requirements.
This position offers benefits effective the 1st day of employment including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, paid holidays and vacation, and career growth opportunities. In addition, this position comes with a company service vehicle that you would bring home with you every night, cell phone, and laptop.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time