Freelance Art Director
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
About the role:
OLIVER is hiring a freelance Art Director to join our team! This role will work part of a team of account people, designers, writers and producers to create a range of material, from print collateral, videos, digital content and more.
This role will be a part of our on-site team in Englewood Cliffs, NJ at Unilever North America Headquarters. Our team rides a convenient Unilever shuttle to and from Manhattan, Brooklyn, and parts of New Jersey. We also allow our team members to work offsite 1 day a week.
If you are looking for that challenge and feel that you can bring a new creative flare to the game, then please apply!
What you will be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- Work alongside a copywriter to visualize new concepts and ideas through sketches, storyboards and mockups
- Develop a strong relationship with clients onsite
- Create a solid vision for each product and ensure creative team adhere to this vision, through providing feedback and clear documentation such as guidelines, style sheets and mood boards
- Establish and manage the art pipeline: resolving any issues that may arise during production and assist with scheduling art / new features
- Support the team to deliver rapid visual prototypes
- Work closely with Product Managers to deliver artwork on schedule and to spec
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Make key decisions about which art packages, tools and internal art resource will be used
- Investigate new techniques & software and implementing them within the team
- Drive internal training and mentoring sessions with other team members
- Set creative and technical standards
- Manage a variety of trusted outsourcers in order to ensure the highest visual quality is present in all aspects of the game
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in technology, both in terms of platform, art packages, and new techniques.
What you need to be great in this role:
- • A creative with a flair for creative amazing campaigns (or just a bit of an old ball)
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- • Excellent illustration skills
- • Full working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and animation packages
- • Managing art pipelines working to tight deadlines
- • A thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
- • Ability to adapt your art style
- • Brilliant communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- • 4+ years of experience in an Art Director role in an advertising agency or design firm
- • 3+ years of experience managing designers
- • 3+ years of experience overseeing the concept and execution of digital work, campaigns, websites and social media assets
- • Previous experience presenting ideas to clients
Many companies talk about having a unique and thriving business model but OLIVER (Part of the Inside Ideas Group) truly does.
OLIVER provides clients with dedicated, in-house agencies that are built from the ground up. These agencies live and work right at the very heart of our client's organization. Delivering precisely the skills and capacity they require, complemented by talent from our whole business on everything from planning and creative to execution.
This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in.