Job Type Full-Time 12 month
If part time, hours per week
Start Date Desired
Advertised Hiring Range $84,935-$106,169
Responsible for the College-wide strategic technology direction and technology investment. Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of a College-wide enterprise technologies, systems, softwares and oversees the data center operations. Maintains information technology standards, procedures, documentation and policies for HACC. Directs the activities necessary to keep the 24/7 data center operational along with both collegewide and campus technology infrastructure running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies. Develops, prepares, manages and administers the departmental operating and capital budget in excess of $1M. Performs risk assessment, analysis and makes recommendations to mitigate high/medium level risks. Performs return on investment (RIO) and feasibility analysis and recommends/purchases strategic enterprise technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees a department or function and provides leadership and direction
- Oversees implementation and maintenance of network, telecommunication and infrastructure hardware/software
- Perform risk analysis and return on investment (ROI) analysis
- Develop and maintain strategic technology and 24/7 data center operational plans
- Develop and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plan
- Manages projects and assesses their effectiveness
- Develops programs to accomplish necessary objectives
- Supervises employees and assigns work
- Develops, enhances and sustains procedures, processes and systems, including checklists and forms.
Job Specific Task List
1. Provide technical and project management for enterprise IT initiatives. Design and maintain a 24/7 operational plan for collegewide data centers. Design and oversee operations of enterprise data backup solution used to secure mission critical files. Oversee the maintenance, management, installation, troubleshooting and repair of network infrastructure servers, switches, routers, firewalls, data security systems, wireless systems, telecommunications equipment,video-over-IP, visualization architecture and SAN. Assures documentation for all network components are current.
2. Perform strategic planning for college wide enterprise architectures, maintain data center operations, participate in policy development, and design and integrate emerging technologies. Participate in senior management discussions which impact software delivery methods, disaster recovery planning, business continuity planning, college wide policy and regulatory development such as PCI, FERPA, and HIPPA compliance regulations. Perform risk analysis and risk management. Perform return on investment (ROI) and feasibility analysis. Develop, track and administer $1M technology budget.
3. Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals. Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event. Provide direction, support and in-house consulting in these areas.
4. Establish, implement, manage and maintain the internal and web based College-wide E-mail service, external communications systems and staff.
5. Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed by the organization. Provide technical and project management for IT initiatives and standards for the network infrastructure. Direct and develop a security plan. Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of HACC’s data, intellectual property and technology infrastructure. Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls. Coordinate information security projects with resources from the IT organization and business unit teams. Create and manage unified and flexible control framework to integrate and normalize the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from global laws, standards and regulations. Liaise among the information security team and corporate compliance, audit, legal and HR management teams as required. Define and facilitate the information security risk assessment process, including the reporting and oversight of treatment efforts to address findings.
6. Serves as primary Systems Services representative with outside vendors in the procurement process for College-wide Information Technology software and hardware; serves as Systems Services representative for internal and external Information Technology audits. Collaborate with both internal and external departments and partners to convey strategic technology strategy.
7. Participates in the design and implementation of the College-wide technology infrastructure that is modern, cost-effective, requires the lowest possible cost of ongoing operations, and aligns with the technology strategy of HACC. Participates in the development of and is responsible for the administration of the College-wide Information technology policies and procedures governing HACC’s information technology and its information systems.
8. Implements College policy, procedures and standard operating processes regarding technology and data security. Directs the patch installation and upgrades in timely manner with advanced notice to users and performed during off-peak hours unless of an emergency nature. Directs the Systems services staff to troubleshoot issues with network systems, contact appropriate stakeholders/vendors, as needed, to resolve issues. Identify and implement technology trends and platforms. Communicate HACC’s technology strategy to staff, faculty and other stakeholders.
9. Research new technology and advances with current technology and make purchasing recommendations. Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms for key mission critical systems. Adhere to software licensing rules. Provides off hours support for systems issues and scheduled maintenance.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a related field. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Two years of supervisory or management experience
Positions in this class typically require:
grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
IT Management experience within a complex multi-location organization
Familiar with emerging technologies
Additional Knowledge and Skills:Knowledge:
- Event management, Service management, Change management, IT Operations management, Risk Management;
- CISCO Enterprise operations, Networking, Voice Over IP (VOIP),
- Physical/Virtual server configuration (VMware/Hyper-V), administration, consolidation and operation principles;
- SAN administration, Data Storage, Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Planning;
- IT Security, PCI Compliance,
- Management Principles
- Program/project management principles and techniques
- Advanced principles of assigned area of responsibility
- Supervisory Principles
- Strategy development principles and procedures
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- English language, punctuation, and grammar
- Budget administration principles
- Negotiation and mediation techniques
- Contract administration principles
- Strategic planning principles
- Public relations principles
- Monitoring and evaluating employees
- Managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Prioritizing and assigning work
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of goals
- Ensuring compliance with applicable -Federal, state, and local rules and regulations
- Planning, analyzing, and evaluating programs and services, operational needs, and fiscal constraints
- Analyzing and developing programs and procedures
- Mediating and resolving conflicts and problems
- Giving presentations and speaking in public
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Using computers and related software applications
- Supervising and evaluating employees
- Managing projects
- Preparing and administering budgets
- Applying program practices to complex situations
Job Open Date 09/09/2019
Job Close Date 09/23/2019
Open Until Filled No
HACC's Mission Statement
Creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future – together.
HACC's Vision Statement
HACC will be the first choice for a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
HACC’s core values are integrity, collegiality, excellence and trust.
HACC's Diversity Statement
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a
college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Any Other Relevant Document
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you first hear about this opportunity?
Chronicle of Higher Education
PA Job Gateway
Other, please specify below
If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a Bachelor's or higher level degree in a related field?
- Do you have five years or more of work experience in a related field?
- Does your work experience include two years or more of supervisory or management experience?
- As an employee at HACC, helping to build a community characterized by a commitment to inclusion and diversity is the role of everyone at the College. In no more than one page, please address the following: • What does it mean for you to have a commitment to diversity? • How have you demonstrated this commitment to diversity in your past positions? • How do you anticipate demonstrating this commitment here at HACC?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have IT Management experience within a complex multi-location organization?
If so, please describe that experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please share your familiarity with emerging technologies.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?