Job Title: IT Executive
Job Type: Full Time
Why you should apply:
Come experience what it’s like working for a Fortune 100 company that is established and stable, has an employee first culture and yet is fast moving, innovative and growing with extensive opportunities. We are seeking an IT Executive that thrives on the idea of innovating and leading an organization of employees (domestic and global) and vendors to build next-generation solutions with a modern, cloud-based architecture in the real estate industry. The ideal candidate won’t measure themselves by how many people report to them directly or indirectly, but instead by what they and their team can accomplish in support of our customers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with leaders and the executive team to create vision and key strategic goals towards business expansion and profitability
- Conceptualize, define and oversee the development, configuration and implementation of new technologies and platforms supporting the transformation of the business
- Inspire others to accomplish great things by leading, guiding, changing, and modernizing the applications and technology that support our business
- Translate vision into action, lead change, and inspire people to get results
- Effectively communicate and cascade alignment of technology and business objectives through all levels of the organization
- Balance client-driven requests against internal technology, InfoSec and platform initiatives amidst resource constraints
- Lead the overall systems development life cycle from business/ technical requirements including architecture through design, code delivery, testing and deployment. Ensure focus on continuous improvement and best practices.
- Develop and track KPIs across technology teams to identify areas of improvement and optimizations.
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Direct and manage external vendors and consulting teams effectively to ensure accountability and successful delivery for complex large scale projects.
- Provide strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
- Manage to a budget and have P&L accountability.
- Implement and maintain application & IT roadmaps, including capacity planning and modeling to support short and longer term growth requirements.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field).
- Extensive hands-software development experience with.Net/Java/PHP, Microsoft SQL (or equivalent), etc.
- Extensive years of hands on experience in design and development of multi-tier, modular, configurable and work-flow driven enterprise and/or consumer applications.
- Hands on experience building native cloud-based solutions a strong plus.
- Successful lifecycle delivery of at least 2 products/applications to market that resulted in new or incremental revenue and/or operational efficiency gains
- Innovator and entrepreneurial but comfortable working in a large Company.
- Multiple years of success providing leadership to a global IT/Engineering staff
- Experience with project planning, budgeting and resource allocation/utilization
- Experience in developing , gaining sponsorship and implementing strategic IT roadmaps
- History of using SDLC tools and techniques to make the development process more automated and efficient. Prior experience working in an Agile environment a must.
- Development experience in FinTech, financial and/or insurance services a plus
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage competing priorities and provide actionable input to business and technical executive decision makers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the senior management level across functional groups and business units. Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationship.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and be able tailor these to his/her audience (IT staff, peers, business partners and executives)
- Skilled in managing thru influence and comfortable navigating in a matrix organization. Evidence of building strong followership.
- Successful track record of recruiting, retaining and developing talent & 3rd party development and technology partners and holding them accountable for results.
- Experience in managing a budget of $10+ million and IT finance skills
- MBA degree or equivalent a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $175,000.00 to $275,000.00 /year
- Software Development OR Application Development: 5 years
- .NET / JAVA / Microsoft SQL: 5 years
- SDLC & Agile: 5 years
- Cloud Migration: 3 years
- Managing Offshore Teams: 3 years
- Vendor Management: 3 years