Sr. Systems Engineer
Five 9 Group is is seeking a System Engineer with strong systems, software, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Due to our federal customer's requirements, candidates must be U.S. citizens. CBP Public Trust, CBP BI, or Top Secret
- Candidates must have significant experience designing and developing databases in a DevSecOps environment.
- Candidate should have a firm understanding of database operations in a multi-platform environment leveraging Oracle, Java, SQL, and the like.
- Candidate must be familiar with the software development life-cycle.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot Splunk – and report on application issues.
- Monitor and manage production databases, including assisting in the software release process
- Monitor and manage backend data synchronization applications and external data source retrieval, applications.
- This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence
- Minimal 8+ years of experience using Oracle, SQL, and HADOOP
- Experience with the creation of data warehousing and tier data models.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
- Experience with J2EE architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat) and deployment procedures.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Experience with web application and relational database (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Experience with Linux, Ansible, React, Node.js backend frameworks.
- Requires BS Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- developing databases in a DevSecOps environment: 7 years (Preferred)
- Oracle, Java, and SQL: 7 years (Preferred)
- Oracle, SQL, and HADOOP: 8 years (Required)
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting Splunk: 7 years (Preferred)
- Candidates for this role must be U.S. Citizens, in knowing this, are you still interested in pursuing?