At SSG we have brought together some of the world's brightest traders, researchers, and technologists to collaborate and solve some of the most intellectually stimulating and technically challenging problems faced in any industry. Our cross discipline team holds degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics. We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds. Our team finds inspiration everywhere, including academia and parallel industries, sparking our next great ideas.
As a core developer you will focus on building scalable solutions for handling a variety of data, where optimization and speed are at the heart of our systems. We write highly performant systems using a mixture of tried and true methods (C/C++), and we constantly evaluate newer technologies and the open source communities that support them.
Are you driven by your desire to build and constantly improve high performance systems? Are you interested in the technological challenges of building systems that are able to swiftly gather information from data sources all across the globe and writing the software that enables researchers and traders? Are you grounded by your pragmatism? Do you hold yourself accountable, while working well with others?
If so, we want to speak with you.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience writing performance optimized code using object oriented programming in C++
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience writing low level software and expertise in threading
- Extensive experience in distributed systems and parallel processing
- Experience building web-scraping tools
- Excellent communication