People's Food Co-op is now hiring a full time permanent Grocery Department Manager.
Are you enthusiastic about great food? Are you a motivated, detail orientated, leader that thrives in fast paced environment? Are you interested in building a team and helping us grow? Do you want to make a difference sourcing and selling local products? We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our cooperative management team and help us achieve our mission to change the world through being the best consumer owned grocery store in Ann Arbor. Department Managers earn a competitive salary, generous discount, a competitive benefit package and the knowledge they are making a difference in their community for shoppers, farmers, vendors, and team members.
Our Grocery Department Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven experience in purchasing and inventory management
- Supervising and scheduling experience
- Great organizational skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands while maintaining attention to detail
We love our work. We work hard and enjoy being grocers.
We're friendly, humble, generous, and embracing of our diverse community.
We act with honesty, kindness, and respect. We tell the truth to our customers, owners, and staff.
We love food. We love eating it, displaying it, preparing it, talking about it, and most of all, sharing delicious food with others.
If you're someone who can be Friendly, Flexible, and Focused, then join the team at People's Food Co-op!
In addition to a good working atmosphere, we've got some great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Free Ann Arbor bus pass
- 15% staff discount
- Life and short term disability insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with matching employer contribution
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Employees wear facemasks and unvaccinated customers are asked to wear masks. We sanitize workstations and shared surfaces on a regular basis.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- Grocery Retail: 3 years (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location