If you are passionate about the field of Education, enjoy on-going training, helping others grow, and have a sincere desire to cultivate our next generation of children, we have a position for you! Making a difference in a child’s life is the most rewarding experience one can have during their professional career. The YMCA of South Florida is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, passionate, team oriented and motivated Counselors to work with children throughout Broward County.
The position is a year-round part-time position; typical After School hours are Monday through Friday 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
As a counselor, you will be responsible for the overall day-to-day group programming, behavior management, and direct supervision of a group of 15-20 children in a licensed child care/day camp facility.
Areas in need of staff are the following: Hollywood, Plantation, Deerfield, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Fort Lauderdale, Sunrise, Coral Springs.
· A high school diploma or GED.
· Minimum 1 year child care experience.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
· Must be able to work Monday - Friday 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm.
· Must be at least 18 years old.
· Must be able to successfully pass a Level II fingerprint background screening and a pre-employment drug test.
· If new to Childcare, must register and begin the State required 45-hour childcare course within 90 days of being hired; Course hours must be completed within 1 year of employment.
· Year-round employment.
· 25% discount on all Y programs.
· YMCA Retirement Savings Plan Eligible.
· Convenient locations throughout Broward County.
· Complimentary facility usage at any Y family center.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $10.25 per hour
To keep our staff, and children, safe we encourage frequent hand-washing, provide hand sanitizer stations, and work off of a smaller staff-to-child ratio. We also require all persons to wear masks on-site.
- childcare: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma