Cost Accountant - Rapid Growth
Why take a Jr. Cost Accountant opportunity with this company?
- Our client is a leading company in the distribution industry
- With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department
- High exposure to upper management
What the Jr. Cost Accountant will do…
- Plan, collect and study data to determine costs of business activities such as purchases, inventory and labor;
- Analyze actual distribution costs and periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual costs;
- Analyze changes in distribution methods or services provided to determine effects on cost.
- Make estimates of new and proposed organizational changes.
- Review and improve internal inventory, purchasing and distribution procedures to enhance timeliness and accuracy of data;
- Conducts physical inventories as necessary and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles inventories.
- Support month end close of the General Ledger and perform variance analysis;
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures;
- Analyze data collected and record results.
- Assist the Sr. Cost Accountant with developing “Dash Boards” for financial and cost reporting to end users.
- Assists in provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products and services.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested;
- Participate in various corporate projects requiring financial evaluation.
What the company needs in a Jr. Cost Accountant:
- 3-5 years of cost accounting experience
- Manufacturing or Distribution experience is a PLUS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
Perks of the Jr. Cost Accountant role:
- Very team oriented
- Significant room for growth
- Work/life balance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year