Under the direction of the Senior Vice President for Finance and Strategy, the AVP for Finance and Controller directs and manages all of the accounting and business functions of the University and prepares the annual and interim financial statements, forecasts and related reports. This position also assists with the development of the annual budget.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage Business Office, Bursars Office and Payroll.
- Maintains endowment and investment accounts; maintains endowment unitization.
- Assists SVP for Finance and Strategy with annual budget development.
- Prepare annual and interim financial statements, forecasts and analysis.
- Develop and implement internal controls.
- Oversee annual audits (financial statements, Federal A-133, State Single Audit, Federal 403(b) Plan).
- Manage grants accounting.
- Manage student billing and accounts receivable.
- Manage payroll processing.
- Ensures compliance with tax-exempt bond financing.
- Ensures compliance with tax regulations and oversees preparation and submission of Form 990 and other tax returns.
- Cash management.
- Develops, implements and enforces internal controls.
- Develops and maintains organizational to effectively accomplish the Business Office goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA designation required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting or finance field.
- Higher education experience or not for profit experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
- Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows environment. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet, and other programs as needed. Familiarity with specific applications used by the University/Department a plus.
- Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism, leadership, creative problem solving, diplomacy, negotiation and sales skills, and the ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision
- Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance; ability to engage positively and work professionally with students, faculty, staff and administration and represent the University professionally to the public
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and professional references.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff, and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5 years (Required)