Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Equity Research Analyst conducts research and performs fundamental analysis of publicly traded companies to formulate investment ideas including buy, sell and hold recommendations on individual securities for inclusion in investment strategies by Portfolio Manager(s).
The Wealth Management business is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser providing comprehensive wealth management and investment advisory services to high-net worth individuals, families, foundations, and institutions.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Conduct research and perform economic and fundamental analysis of publicly traded companies within assigned sector(s) utilizing thorough financial analysis and assessment of macroeconomic variables under day to day supervision of the Portfolio Managers.
- Create recommendations on assigned sector(s) and companies for Portfolio Managers. Recommendations include buy, sell and hold recommendations along with sector, industry and company insights.
- Present analysis and provide insights at weekly Investment Update meetings
- Maintain a current and in-depth knowledge of economic and industry trends
- Meet with Client Advisors, Business Development Officers and Wealth Strategists as needed to provide market insights and/or prepare analysis in response to specific client inquiries on securities or sectors to support sales and retention efforts; provide input into regular market updates for internal and external use.
- Maintain records and documentation of research.
- May represent Boston Private Wealth internally and externally; create or contribute to investment commentary, analysis and thought leadership, which is periodically published for public consumption.
- Complies with all industry rules and regulations and firm policies. Must maintain a current knowledge of all internal processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or working towards designation
- 3+ years’ experience as a securities analyst with demonstrable analytical and financial modeling capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a concise and compelling manner