SoCal Detox is looking for a Marriage & Family Therapist intern for* a 12 bed inpatient facility located in Laguna Beach. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self directed, and driven individual. SoCal Detox is committed to quality and client centered care. It is the mission of our agency to promote transformation in the lives of clients and families through the use of established best practice models, compassionate treatment and professional collaboration. This Position will be full time, 40 hours/wk in Laguna Beach. Applicants should be available for on call weekend crisis intervention. SUPERVISION PROVIDED*
Our clinicians will conduct therapy driven groupS weekly, individual sessions, maintain client charts, maintain consistent client care and conduct psychological background assessments. Candidate must be familiar with utilization reviews, Joint Commission standards, and documentation *compliance.
Essential Functions: *
- Uphold and enforce SoCal Detox policies and procedures, client rights and professional code of ethics and conduct.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Counselor Competencies
- Ability to utilize agency comprehensive assessment tools in KIPU (Biopsychsocial, Treatment Plan, Individual counseling notes, Discharge Planning)
- Identify and prioritize individual needs and problems of each client.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive clinical summaries
- Develop person-centered care plans including prioritized problem lists, client reported goals, family integrated treatment, developing achievable objectives, crisis intervention, and creating comprehensive aftercare plan.
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling sessions using evidence based practices.
- Document client progress toward treatment plan goals and objectives in progress notes.
- Prepare effective & comprehensive continuum of care in the process of aftercare development, contacting referrer and aftercare facility/clinicians as needed.
- Intervene during crisis intervention situations
- Cooperate with health insurance clinical utilization reviews
- Participate in weekly clinical treatment team meeting with other clinical team members as needed.
- Participate in agency's in service training.
- Provide accurate assessment and referral when appropriate, providing information to probation officers, lawyers, spouses/family members on the clients behalf.
- Provide appropriate treatment interventions relative to the specific needs of each client.
- Adhere to code of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice, professional standards, duty to warn, abuse and neglect reporting policies and procedures, and exercise professionalism at all times.
- Exercise awareness in cultural competency, client satisfaction, quality of services, client needs, and overall health and safety for both staff and clients.
- AMFT or ASW preferred
- Drug and Alcohol experience* preferred*
- Seasoned Individual therapy
- Preferred experience with addiction/mental health, experience with co-occurring disorders treatment a plus
- Literacy in Word/Pages, Spreadsheets, and email
- Proficiency in KIPU systems client management software
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have valid Driver's License
- CPR/First Aid
Job Type: Full-time