The Hospitality Services 1, under direct supervision, assists in the service of meals for patients, visitors, and staff.ential Job Functions (typically up to 10)
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK VARIABLE SHIFTS-MORNINGS, AFTERNOONS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for delivering meals to patients. Uses patient identification tools. Inspects patient trays to ensure items match menu and instructions.
- Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials.
- Prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality.
- Follows established cash handling procedures to manage change for guest transactions and ensure proper charges for guest meals.
- Adheres to all food hygiene and health and safety requirements in order to meet regulatory and company standards.
- Resolves basic issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
(Minimum qualifications required for the job)
High School Diploma or equivalent
The Food and Nutrition Department is looking for a positive, upbeat individual who can work in a fast paced environment.
Our employees enjoy many benefits, some of the most popular are tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education.
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 13,500 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our employees are dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a life- changing career at St. Luke’s. Our staff is the reason for our outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and superior healthcare organization. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
With multiple locations in the beautiful southern and central Idaho, our mild, four season climate means you can play outdoors year-round. Whether you prefer leisurely walks along the river or heart-pounding climbs up a sheer cliff- there is always something to do after work. An exciting mix of urban and outdoor life defines Idaho’s culture, you can ski in the morning and watch a college sporting event at night. It is a great state to raise a family and forge lasting relationships. The cost of living is low, and quality of life is high.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke’s may be just the place for you.
“One of Truven Health Analytics® Top 15 Health Systems – IBM Watson Health 2017”
- St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.