PURPOSE OF POSITION - MUST HAVE MINIMUM of Five (5) years’ experience as a CONTROLLER
Urban Complex GC, LLC is an industry leading General Contractor specializing in Multifamily Renovations operating in four states, WA, AZ, CA, NV. We are seeking a Financial Controller to review current accounting systems and make necessary recommendations to help transition the company to its next level. Assist in putting these new systems in place and affirming their successful rollout. Must have in-depth experience in establishing accounting systems with multiple state operations and varying tax requirements. Must also have strong analytical skills in reviewing existing and past accounting reports. We are an established, stable and professional company with an informal and flexible work environment located in Lake Stevens, WA.
Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated, and possess organizational skills, including multitasking and time management in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with leadership team, accounting team, project managers, superintendents and subcontractors. Assists others in prioritizing, setting deadlines, and problem solving. Ability to communicate clearly, exercise good judgment, and work under pressure.
· Review current accounting practices with a goal of suggesting new systems that support a growing company.
· Define and implement aforementioned systems.
· Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
· Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
· Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, reconciliations, and analysis.
· Write monthly and quarterly balance sheet fluctuation narratives to support the external financial reporting process and external audits.
· Review, compile and generate Monthly Financial Reporting per corporate requirements.
· Review current approach to AP.
· Provide, suggest, support and implement alternatives to work processes that will increase efficiencies and quality of financial results.
· Ensures that the general ledger is closed within the timelines of the Company’s closing schedule while maintaining its integrity.
· Review tasks associated with the general ledger, including reviewing monthly journal entries and monthly closing entries.
· Review current system for invoices of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
· Review existing techniques for transferring financial data and move to automation where possible.
· Review current approach for all city, state and federal tax return preparation.
· Review current approach to A/R, including both invoicing and receipt of payment.
· Review current reconciliation approach and reporting, define what monthly report will best support a better understanding of the finical position of the company at any given time.
Supervise Accounting Department, monitor success, and implement strategy where necessary.
KNOWLEDGE | SKILLS | ABILITIES
· An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written, and presentation skills; with a willingness to share information.
· Professional attitude, flexibility and the ability to operate in a constantly changing environment.
· Superior judgement, integrity, time management, and leadership skills
· Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize a large volume of accounting projects and meet deadlines.
· A collaborative and flexible style, exhibiting integrity and accountability in their work.
· Creativity, with experience funding activities in ways that both cover costs and generate operating margins.
· Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Experience at integrating systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy.
· Experience at working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· S./B.A. in Accounting, CPA preferred
· 5+ years of experience as a Controller, or similar position
· 7+ years of diverse accounting experience including establishing new accounting systems and staff supervision
· In-depth understanding of Work in Process and revenue recognition
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with construction management software
· Expert with Intuit Quick Books Software
· Prefer knowledge in the construction industry
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers. It will also be possible to work remotely some of the time.
This job can be considered as a full or part time initially. We will also consider a consulting approach. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not overtime eligible.
Driving Requirements – Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and proof of automobile insurance is required.
Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, walk or tour job sites. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and color vision.
If you enjoy a challenge and want to be apart of a growing company then this career change is for you!
When applying please provide your contact number, email address, cover letter, and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Urban Complex GC, LLC has taken all percautions to be COVID-19 compliant in protecting our office team, and crews in all states.
- Controller: 5 years (Required)
- Lake Stevens, WA 98258 (Required)
- S./B.A. in Accounting, CPA preferred (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19