Explore a business where nothing stands still. Where your ideas can make a difference. And where you’ll be part of a collaborative, open-minded culture while you contribute to meaningful work. Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. Help us meet their needs as your broaden your skills, get exposure to senior leaders and jump start your career.
As a Legal Intern you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in NetApp’s culture as well as the products and solutions. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that expands across multiple sites as well as develop an understanding of what it takes to run a medium size legal organization from inside a corporation and how in-house legal counsel operates on a daily basis.
This position is within the NetApp’s Legal Department and can cover any of the following 5 practice areas: Contract Negotiations; Legal Operations; Intellectual Property; Contract Management; and Compliance.
About our Sunnyvale Office:
At NetApp’s headquarters located in Sunnyvale, CA we collaborate to ensure that the quality of work is at its best. Our inclusive environment offers each employee an opportunity to be their best self as we embrace different perspectives and experiences that each employee brings to the table. As part of our values, we not only want to empower our customers, but also our employees, which is why we provide several trainings and certifications for our employees to continue growing professionally. NetApp Sunnyvale also provides an entertaining environment as well. Here you’ll find we have a fun, competitive spirit in our sporting events and leagues, such as basketball, volleyball, futsal, and even ping pong and foosball! With the addition of our Data Visionary Center, we can allow our customers to view NetApp’s products, and have an interactive space for them to cultivate ideas, which lead to customer success stories.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
- Shadowing in-house counsel and gaining exposure to corporate transactions;
- Negotiating NDAs and technology contracts with opposing counsel;
- Supporting various business units and advising on risk tolerance and interpreting contract terms;
- Create and manage templates that transactional attorneys use on a daily basis;
- Interpret contractual issues that arise throughout the summer;
- Reviewing patent applications;
- Assisting patent litigation;
- Testing and implementing new Legal tools within the department;
- And much more!
Core Competencies Desired:
- Eager to learn and a strong desire to grow and expand knowledge in the corporate and in-house legal world.
- Ability to use the skills that are currently being gained in law school to build a strong foundation for a legal career.
- A passion for evangelizing integrity, ethics, and compliance.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and intellect.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients throughout NetApp as well as legal department colleagues worldwide.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to work both independently and with colleagues as needed;
- Good legal, analytical, judgment, organizational, advocacy, negotiation and program management skills.
We are seeking candidates that are currently enrolled in an accredited JD program with demonstrated completion of coursework. Accepting 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.