Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We have an immediate opening for an HR Coordinator in our New York office. This role will provide primary support to assigned members of our People team, as well as their associated employee groups. Responsibilities include general administrative support, HR plan and process facilitation and day-to-day employee support with respect to basic HR questions and processes.
This is the ideal opportunity for an individual with deep experience as an HR Coordinator/HR Service Center representative OR an early career candidate striving to learn the fundamentals of human resources, in a fast paced and exciting environment.
- Act as the face of the People Team by providing enthusiastic and strategic support to all People Team members and creating an open and welcoming environment for all candidates and employees to engage with People Team on a daily basis
- General administrative support as requested, including calendaring, meeting management/event planning, data entry, creation and maintenance of employee files.
- Process confidential employee information including applications, new hire paperwork, immigration related procedures, pay changes, ADA requests, data changes and terminations.
- Support employee processes as appropriate, including onboarding, performance reviews, learning & development, employee exits and compliance.
- Provide employee support with basic questions in areas such as HR process and timelines, employee policies and basic benefits inquiries.
- Develop strong, collaborative and responsive relationships with employees at every level of the organization
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree, and 2 – 4 years' related work experience
- Basic knowledge of HR, Payroll, and Benefits practices
- Strong Microsoft Office, Mac and Google skills, including Excel, Google Forms, Airtable
- Experience with ADP EV5 or Greenhouse, a plus
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; able to work autonomously and with the highest degree of confidentiality
- Experience prioritizing tasks while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a very fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work cross-functionally in a high performance, team oriented environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Upbeat, highly collaborative and solution oriented, preferred
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.