Launch your sales career! The WESCO Sales Development Training program is a one year rotational program designed to prepare an individual for a sales career with WESCO International. The training will help you to develop strong selling skills, overall business acumen, enhance your sales presence, and engage with other new sales associates to begin building your professional network. Successful completion of the program will result in placement in a sales position.
- The participant will work in all areas of one or more of our branch locations and will learn through on the job training and classroom instruction in the following areas:
- Warehouse Operations, Branch Administration, Product Applications, Outside and Inside Sales, Business Development, Inventory control, Audit.
- Additional training will be provided in the following areas:
- Financial Services, Marketing, Supplier Relations, Pricing, Global Accounts, and Procurement with an emphasis on using LEAN Principles to support our Continuous Improvement Culture.
- Participants will participate in centralized classroom and online instruction throughout the year and will develop a solution-focused presentation on a WESCO related issue to peers and company leaders.
- Additionally, participants will work on a variety of projects to support branches and the business unit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong sales presence – consultative with the ability to close the sale
- Very organized and able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to relocate anywhere in US for training and/or placement
- Able to travel – local and national
- Bachelors Degree required in related field
- Interest in inside/outside sales required
- Experience working for an industrial distributor,contractor or supplier preferred
Internship or prior outside sales experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: