3-5 Years Experience
5+ Years of Experience
JOB SUMMARY: The Concierge Practice Manager will exhibit professional, efficient, and timely delivery of service to patients and clients requesting care and assistance. Manager will understand the value of superior customer service and will consistently provide concierge-level support to all clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (THIS LIST MAY NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE DUTIES ASSIGNED.)
1. Services existing patients, obtains and establishes new patients by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential members leads. Ensures prompt responses to patient's inquiries and notifies the appropriate party immediately of issues and other concerns.
2. Consistently offers professional, friendly and engaging service. Leads and supervises the Concierge team to ensure they offer the best service, knowledge and assistance to guests.
3. Effectively manages the first impression of all Guests and, therefore, performs all tasks to the highest standards. Serves as a key point of contact for Guests and efficiently responds to Guest inquiries.
4. Coordinates physician office operations. In conjunction with the physicians and practice management administrator, hires, supervises and evaluates staff per policy. Orients and trains new staff. Maintains all personnel records for the facility in cooperation with Human Resources. Prepares work schedules and ensures adequate staff coverage, monitors time off requests and resolves workload distribution issues. Totals all employee hours for submission to Human Resources, in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Facilitates communications to address operational issues on a timely basis. Conducts regular periodic staff meetings to inform staff of changes in policies, discusses areas of concern, and to provide necessary in-service training. Records results of meetings. Identifies areas of conflict to physicians and/or Administrator and suggests resolutions.
6. Implements and monitors compliance with office policies and procedures. Ensures OSHA and/or CLIA environmental control plan is maintained in the office; trains employees on the standards. Ensures all equipment is maintained per appropriate regulations.
7. Assesses outside service and equipment needs with involved staff and physician; makes recommendations to Administrator. Responsible for ensuring all necessary office and medical supplies are maintained at a level adequate for efficient operations. Maintains inventory maintenance procedures and ensures orders are prepared as appropriate. Reviews monthly supply expenditures against budget and reports to Administrator.
8. In cooperation with the Administrator, implements financial policies and monitors cash collections to ensure adherence to policy. Maintains strict cash control. Ensures there is daily reconciliation of cash. Ensures bank deposit is made. Ensures timely and accurate charge entry and payment posting for claim processing and reporting purposes. Completes daily activity report.
1. In cooperation with the Administrator, assists in preparing annual operating budget. Monitors performance to ensure the office is operating within the budget guidelines. Reviews all invoices, researches discrepancies. Researches variances and reports to physicians and Administrator on a monthly basis.
2. Regularly reviews Explanation of Benefits (EOB) comparing billed charges to reimbursement to monitor pricing/coding activity. Notifies Administrator of significant problems. Regularly reviews fee schedule and recommends pricing changes to Administrator and physicians.
3. Prepares required reports within requested time frame. Ensures that daily, monthly and year-end reports are generated by the computer system no later than the time line designated for completion.
5. Develops and implements plans to continually improve patient satisfaction ratings. Resolves work problems to ensure quality patient care. Implements and supervises patient recall system. Works closely with physicians to ensure highest quality clinical care.
6. Monitors policies and procedures regarding release of medical records, and ensures record requests are completed within 5 days.
7. Ensures patient's insurance benefits are verified to determine if coverage meets the standards as stated in the organization policy. Establishes payment arrangement procedures, per facility policy, when required by patient financial circumstances
8. Prepares, completes, and submits all managed care applications, hospital staffing applications, licensures, etc., in an accurate and efficient manner. Serves as liaison between physician group and external agencies (managed care companies, malpractice insurance companies, etc.).
9. Participates in continuing education programs and other experiences to improve professional competence.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Projects a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and Guest service.
2. Positive attitude and good communication skills
3. Maintains excellent grooming standards.
4. Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
5. Independent contributor, able to work on your own and as part of a team.
6. Strong positive interpersonal skills; high degree of initiative, sense of organization and ability to identify and resolve problems. Position requires an individual with diverse skills.
7. Individual must be able to work on discrete tasks in a high volume, high-pressured environment. Good judgement and professional demeanor a must.
Affiliation with American Association of Professional Coders and completion of Professional Association Healthcare Office Manager training preferred.
Associates degree in health or business administration or at least 5 years' experience in a similar position within a physician's office, hospital, clinic or other healthcare facility preferred.
At least 4 years' experience in the hospitality or guest services industry preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.